• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did a test flight a few weeks ago on a 200 that had problems with the gear coming down. The head of MX in ORD told me that they are having TONS of gear problems a week on the 200s. Keep your eyes open for a new AD like the flap fail bs!

I had it happen to me 2 weeks ago. Came down when I pulled the manual handle.

Good job to the Skywest crew in ONT. Funny how that didn't get as much press as a mistake does.

A Skywest Canadair CRJ-200, registration N925SW performing flight OO-6467 from San Francisco,CA to Ontario,CA (USA) with 24 passengers and 3 crew, was on approach to Ontario when the crew aborted the approach reporting an unsafe gear indication for the nose gear. The crew entered a holding to troubleshoot the problem, but was unable to lower the nose gear. A low approach to Ontario to have the tower inspect the landing gear showed, that the nose gear was up with the nose gear doors open. The crew declared emergency and performed a nose gear up landing on runway 26L about one hour after aborting the first approach. No injuries occured, the damage to the aircraft is unclear.

The airport closed both runways following the landing, runway 26R was re-opened about 20 minutes after landing.

The FAA reported, that the airplane landed with the nose gear restricted. An investigation has been initiated.

I did a test flight a few weeks ago on a 200 that had problems with the gear coming down. The head of MX in ORD told me that they are having TONS of gear problems a week on the 200s. Keep your eyes open for a new AD like the flap fail bs!

CRJ-200 is a POS and should be banned from flying forever. Just my humble opinion though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back