Skywest WILL buy ASA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FmrFreightDog said:
Ok. If ASA pilots don't get DOH, we'll burn the house down. Also better throw in crew meals and a pay raise. Happy now?

Thank you. I was getting bored with everyone being so civilized.

Wall St. News Clip From Yesterday

"Mr. Grinstein continues to pursue new financing options that could buy Delta additional time, including talks with a consortium of lenders led by General Electric Co.'s commercial lending arm and American Express Co., and intensifying discussions with SkyWest Inc. to acquire Delta's Atlantic Southeast regional carrier."

So if SkyWest buys ASA, will ASA stop paying during training and make you pay to fly to the interview?

And this is not a flame, just an honest question. As far as paying to get to the interview, from what I understand SkyWest will get you there on their airline, so if they don't serve that city (those of us on the East Coast) you're SOL.

Why

EDUC8-or said:
So if SkyWest buys ASA, will ASA stop paying during training and make you pay to fly to the interview?

Why should SkyWest pay for your ticket to go to an interview? Just an honest question.

MELIT said:
Why should SkyWest pay for your ticket to go to an interview? Just an honest question.

I know there are several companies that will take care of your travel arrangements to their interview. For someone who isn't exactly raking it in as a flight instructor it can be difficult to pay for ticket to an interview and then go through training sans pay.

I'm not trying to bash SkyWest. I have friends there who love it and encouraged me to apply, but borrowing money or running up credit card debt to pay for food is not an option for some of us, especially trying to pay that off on first year salary.

To answer your question, I wasn't trying to imply SkyWest should pay for the ticket to the interview. It seems like they are having no problem filling classes. I was just curious about some possible issues with a change in ownership and management.

MELIT said:

They wouldn't "pay for your ticket". I believe he was simply referring to other companies' policy of providing space available travel on their airline and/or airline partners. A very common practice.

Latest resources

Back