SkyWest Why Voting NO isn't enough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BoilerUP said:
DAL pays more for the 738 than the 732/733.

UPS's pay is based on the 757/767. It makes for industry-leading 727 captain pay and industry-lagging MD/747 pay...but it makes QOL excellent because you don't bid a paycheck, you bid your lifestyle. That makes the classic airplanes the most senior airplanes.
Now if only SKW would learn from that model and base the pay off the CRJ-700 instead of the -200

auspac said:
I'm a self centered hypocrite. I guess I chose the line where I could fly 2 legs a day for 6+ hours of pay in the 70 as opposed to 4 legs for 5 hours of pay in the 50. I prefer to think of myself as lazy and greedy.
You should add "short-sighted" to your self-description above. Have you seen any of those great 18-day off 110 credit hour 70 lines lately? No? Maybe that's because management used them as a lure to encourage principle-free individuals to bid them. Then, once they had enough people trained, the lines began their steady descent. Then, when they got so bad nobody wanted to bid them, they ignored the seniority list and awarded those lines out of seniority order! Do you think things will be any different when we get 90-seaters?

Last edited:
Hey....I have a question. WTF is up with the saps in SAPA that are supposed to represent you wanting you all to vote yes. WTF is wrong with these people? They are either in bed with management or need to grow a pair. WTFO??????

capt. megadeth said:
Hey....I have a question. WTF is up with the saps in SAPA that are supposed to represent you wanting you all to vote yes. WTF is wrong with these people? They are either in bed with management or need to grow a pair. WTFO??????

Oh he is right!!! They are managements little ho's...and they want to pimp out our pilots for squat pay. The lower the salaries the cheaper the seats. It's SAD when you tell your peers to not work for Mesa, or Chitaco because their work rules and pay are crap. Then come to find out our work rules and crap pay are falling below everyone and we are trying to race to the bottom ourselves. WTF?

A NO VOTE IS THE BEST VOTE.

just thought this needed a bump in the last few hours of voting for that last 23% that still needs to vote.

Bluto said:
labatts, I understand your frustration, I share it myself. Unfortunately, this vote is basically the only avenue open to us to elicit change. If we got a 100% no-vote, and nothing changed, at least we'd know there's nothing we can do under our current representative structure. Maybe it'll motivate people to seek a legally recognized representative body. I'm not terribly inspired by our pilot group's level of interest in making things better. I think we'll be lucky to have 70% participation, much less a unified vote. I hope I'm surprised. Vote no.

If your not inspired by your pilot groups collective attitude, maybe its because most pilots like their job and their company and are not interested in screwing up a good thing?

theo said:
If your not inspired by your pilot groups collective attitude, maybe its because most pilots like their job and their company and are not interested in screwing up a good thing?

I guess you will happy flying Uncle Jerry's new 900 for our 50 seat pay! FAg

theo at 1700 today we sill see what side of the fence your on. If not having a pay increase in over 5 years is a good thing, you better put on your 02 mask.

Latest resources

Back