Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a defer it PUKE

Just_Defer_It said:
Ask those NWA mechanics how much piece of mind they have now that they got fired from their union jobs. I'd say that 3% was surely a wise investment, don't you think OmaQUOTE]

just Defer it..... take the drumstick out of your mouth when you speak. Don't splatter names and numbers here you spineless, nadless, classless and lets not forget fruitpie. Its weak links like you that don't allow our pilots to bind together. You should be a taxi cab driver with your worthless attitude.

Last edited:
I voted "NO"
*Posible 20 - 40 extra seats making revenue we do not see.
*Thanks for the bonus program, but what has this to do with keeping
up with the costs of anual inflation? Don't remember pilots asking for
a bonus program... I thought these discussions were about a rate
increase. So if we do not do good financially and on performance... do
we call it a pay cut?

And by the way "Just Defer It" That bashing was not cool at all man.

Prediction........

This will pass! They ALL do! Since Comair, I don't remember ANY TA's or proposals being rejected at a regional, despite all the crew-room and message board rhetoric!

Skywest will FURTHER lower a bar they have already lowered by accepting this garbage!

BTW...on a per flight, or even hourly basis, crew costs are negligible. Example, if a say ASA crew makes $75/hr Capt, and $35 FO, and the same SKWest crew make $ 69 and $32, this is a difference of $9 per hour!!!!!!!! This is nothing! On a 2 hour flight this costs the company 18 bucks!!! COME ON! Think, get what is fair. The true costs lie elsewhere folks! The real costs for operationg these airplanes do not lie in a couple bucks difference in crew pay! Your bosses just want you to think so, trust me!!

79%N1 said:
Prediction........

This will pass! They ALL do! Since Comair, I don't remember ANY TA's or proposals being rejected at a regional, despite all the crew-room and message board rhetoric!

Um, less than 2 weeks ago Trans States pilots voted down a concessionary TA that would have scoped them the GJ flying. It was around a 75% NO margin.

Bluto. Well I guess I am self centered, yet you were the one who said you would accept nothing for the 50 and Bro (the majority of the pilot group) in order to secure more for the 70. Wait, that's right - you don't fly the 70 out of principle. There's no doubt that you are a better man than I. It would be nice to see a longer call out for reserves but that's certainly not going to be a deciding factor for me. Reserve sucks. Guys who take the upgrade as soon as they can knowing they will have to commute to ORD for reserve for who knows how long - and then complain about it..... Don't want to hear it. I chose to wait to upgrade until I could hold a line, I chose to live in FAT for a couple of years in order to avoid commuting and I chose to avoid the RJ until I could hold a line. All personal choices, just like I chose to fly the 70 knowing I would not get paid any extra for it. Now I would like to see a raise for the entire pilot group and as many QOL gains as we can. For self centered me, the qualifying factor is the money though.

Last edited:
Oops, almost forgot I am a hypocrite too. Yes I believe we should get paid more to fly the 70 yet I fly it anyway, how can I argue? I'm a self centered hypocrite. I guess I chose the line where I could fly 2 legs a day for 6+ hours of pay in the 70 as opposed to 4 legs for 5 hours of pay in the 50. I prefer to think of myself as lazy and greedy. Now here'a a legitimite question which I don't know the answer to. How many of the majors pay differently for different models of the 737 or A319/320? My friend at UPS told me they pay for seniority and seat position. So a 2nd year 727 FO makes the same as a second year 757 FO - those UPS pilots lowering the bar!

auspac said:
How many of the majors pay differently for different models of the 737 or A319/320? My friend at UPS told me they pay for seniority and seat position. So a 2nd year 727 FO makes the same as a second year 757 FO - those UPS pilots lowering the bar!
I think a couple airlines pay more for the B-737-800 than the other models.
UPS pay is competitive against other B-757 airlines. It's just an even better deal if you're in the 727.

Just_Defer_It said:
OK Mr. xxxx xxxxxx "the customer service guy" who happened to be danged into the bus driver posiotion by the money of his family. We'll see how you end up here this attitude b*t*h, oh I mean F.O. "gear up fix my climate controls and get my coffee for me." While your at it, why don't you put green tags on carry ons since you already know how to do that...
I've got a lot of respect for those who work their way up from being a ramper/CS to being a pilot. Wasn't the COO a ramper way back when?

viper548 said:
I think a couple airlines pay more for the B-737-800 than the other models.
UPS pay is competitive against other B-757 airlines. It's just an even better deal if you're in the 727.

DAL pays more for the 738 than the 732/733.

UPS's pay is based on the 757/767. It makes for industry-leading 727 captain pay and industry-lagging MD/747 pay...but it makes QOL excellent because you don't bid a paycheck, you bid your lifestyle. That makes the classic airplanes the most senior airplanes.

Just_Defer_It said:
Ask those NWA mechanics how much piece of mind they have now that they got fired from their union jobs. I'd say that 3% was surely a wise investment, don't you think #### ###### #### #00000?
That's just wrong posting someone elses personal info. If you wanna call someone out, do it on the SAPA forum where you can't hide behind a screen name

Latest resources

Back