Skywest Weight and Balance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

I was flying SEA-PDX yesterday and we were delayed by 20 or so minutes. The explanation was Skywest was changing the way they did W+B on EMB120s because of some FAA reg changes. Can anyone explain?

Thanks..

Thats correct, a serious cluster. About the third or fourth time the federales have changed our W/B in 2 years. Used to be the FA would give us an index that we would apply to get the total CG, now we get some card with 2 negative numers and 2 postive numbers. You have to take the totals of all the numbers to get the total pax CG and apply it as before. A total joke that is a waste of time, but I really feel safer now.(eyes rolling)

Yes, I did 22 legs over the course of my three day trip that ended last night and I can tell you the new program sucks. It has taken something that was not an issue (Westair EMB's had a very simple W&B setting) to our new program that is not hard, but time consuming when your trying to take the max amount of PAX and bags. The CG envelope has shrunk, the pax weights are up, and the cabin is now 4 different zones.

I think its a huge improvement over the old system. I mean come on, 4 zones, more math problems, more complicated index changes, and fatter adults and kids to boot. What could possibly go wrong?

Latest resources

Back