Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John Pennekamp

I'd rather be here...
So when you see them come before your hiring board, remember that they voted by a 65% margin that they don't want to be members of a union. They would rather undercut their fellow pilots by working directly with management. That's the kind of pilot I want on my seniority list... NOT!

I would expected more from a fellow Michigan fan. John, that had to be one of the most asinine comments I've ever read. In fact, I would like to petition all hiring boards to hire you everywhere so we could all listen to you constantly complain and whine while sitting next to you in the cockpit. I'm a member of ALPA and it's not that bad, however, it's not that great either. It's a union. Just because you're a union member doesn't make you a better pilot, better person, or entitled to be on a seniority list. Perhaps instead of posting on flightinfo 2,717 times you should worry about things that actually matter. Get a life, and go blue!

At only 35% voting yes I would say that they let there voice heard. They said no to alpa. The same as the pilots at Jet Blue, American, Southwest, And others.

Undercut? look at most ALPA regionals (mesa,mesaba,pinnicle). Don't forget that SkyWest pilots don't pay union dues.

I would expected more from a fellow Michigan fan. John, that had to be one of the most asinine comments I've ever read. In fact, I would like to petition all hiring boards to hire you everywhere so we could all listen to you constantly complain and whine while sitting next to you in the cockpit. I'm a member of ALPA and it's not that bad, however, it's not that great either. It's a union. Just because you're a union member doesn't make you a better pilot, better person, or entitled to be on a seniority list. Perhaps instead of posting on flightinfo 2,717 times you should worry about things that actually matter. Get a life, and go blue!

Speaking of asinine comments, since when did being a fan of a certain team make you more intelligent? If that were the case, then everyone who cheers for "The" Ohio State University should be in an asylum.

That said, I never claimed ALPA was "that great" it's members were "better pilots", or "better [people]". I simply pointed out that the SkyWest pilots just flipped off all of the unionized pilots in the industry. So get a life and feel free to post more. GO BLUE!

knowing what I now know I don't blame Skywest for turning down ALPA. At the regional level I would rather be on my own with my own union than with ALPA...what has ALPA done for any regional carrier lately except pinn them up against their mainline counterparts? In fact, AA knew what they were doing when APA was created. I am pro union...just not ALPA. Is it a coincidence that Skywest is the best regional to work for??? HMM wonder why...could it be that ALPA is not on the property?? HMM...let me think about that. SWA is a great place to work...wobder why?? No ALPA here either. I flew for an ALPA carrier...trust me...Skywest is better off without them. If it isn't broken, don't break it.

Last edited:
So when you see them come before your hiring board, remember that they voted by a 65% margin that they don't want to be members of a union. They would rather undercut their fellow pilots by working directly with management. That's the kind of pilot I want on my seniority list... NOT!

I completely disagree!! They see just how ALPA treats its own and chose not to be a part of politics before policy!!!!

Here we are 6 months later and ALPA is still holding over the seniority list over the AWA pilots head to get them to deal away an arbitrated award. Not cool ALPA and until you do right by your membership everything you think about is going to fail!!!

WD.

So Skywest voted down ALPA representation. Gee...I wonder why???:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
peniskramp-on this message board, it's now 10-1 in posts against ALPA. Please retort again why you think every SkyWest pilot should never be hired at a major airline, LCC, Cargo carrier, etc?
Sweetie, you are the one who needs a psyche eval.

MOD INPUT: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DIVULGING PERSONAL ANATOMY ISSUES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back