• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to fly Aspen-ATL w/CR7's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The OO crews have special crew training to deal with the high altitude, mountainous terrain,one way in/out, lower mins, balked landing procedures. I believe that is not part of the current SOP at ASA.

Aspen

A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

The OO crews have special crew training to deal with the high altitude, mountainous terrain,one way in/out, lower mins, balked landing procedures. I believe that is not part of the current SOP at ASA.

Are you just assuming or have you seen the SOPs. Didn't ASA previously serve Jackson Hole and other mountainous terrain areas from SLC?

How many folks will SKW be able to carry out of ASE to get to ATL???

Are you just assuming or have you seen the SOPs. Didn't ASA previously serve Jackson Hole and other mountainous terrain areas from SLC?

Last i checked Jackson Hole does not require special crew training. Aspen has certain crews that go through a specific course to fly that airport.

Last i checked Jackson Hole does not require special crew training. Aspen has certain crews that go through a specific course to fly that airport.

OO has designated ASE crews who undergo extra training and bid completely seperately from the rest of the pilot group. Jackson Hole is just another airport; you wanna make sure you plan your decent and don't hit any Cummulus Granite, but not that big of a deal.

Latest resources

Back