• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to charge for PC's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An FAA medical is a cost of doing business...How many carriers pay for that?

.............says the ****************************** bag who paid for his training!
BTW, I know of one airline that reimburses its pilots for their medicals!;)
(Hint: You couldn't get hired there either):crying:

This TSA rule is part of the Patriot Act, which in many areas is unconstitutional...thank you George W!

The new clearance required by TSA is to keep "risky" pilots out of the cockpit. The problem is that the "very naive Bush administration"...

You are referring to the same Patriot Act (HR 3162) that all but 2 Democratic Senators voted in favor of, correct?
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=1&vote=00313

And you do realize the Democrats had the ability to kill this bill since they did control the Senate by a seat at the time it was passed?

Be sure to give credit where credit is due and thank all the politicians that were in office, not just the Republicans.

Oh but I forgot...it's ALL Bush's fault.

Last edited:
This is just another grab at money. Eventually the TSA may make a grab for more money by applying this rule to ALL pilots, citizen and alien. This is a lame attempt to disguise a money grab....see, its part of the appropriations act of 2009. Appropriations act = take your money.
The government has come for the aliens wallet, watch out citizens, your next.

The Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009 (Appropriations Act of 2009), which amends 6 U.S.C. 469, requires the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security to (1) establish a process to determine that an alien who takes recurrent flight training is properly identified and does not pose a threat to aviation or national security; and (2) impose reasonable fees to recoup the cost of checking recurrent training candidates. Training requests under Category 4 for recurrent training will undergo the following changes starting May 13th 2009:

You think once they get away with this, they wont do it to the US citizen pilots too? Last time i checked my sources, the "Oklahoma bomber" was a white (caucasian) US citizen. Terrorists have no skin color, or nationality, only "biased" media attention.

It will only take a white dude to do a terrorist attack in this "TSA" era, and all of you (citizens) will pay background checks too. God forbid it happens... You are all Loosing your freedom, one bit at a time. I hope you reconsider your biased opinions on hard working, "tax paying", green card holders. Many which are even fighting for "your freedoms" in the middle east.

Many of us, just didnt happen to have $700 US sitting in the bank to apply for a US citizenship. But then again, you maybe didnt know how much the cost was to begin with.

Today Skywest Announced to all non-US citizens, that the Airline has decided to reimburse the TSA fee for PC's, and also reimburse for pilot medicals.

I am glad my airline has stepped in, but, I do not think it is the airline's responsibility anyway, the government should not charge that anyway. All the information they want on that "background" can be readily obtained from the FBI (Fingerprints), the FAA (Certificates), the AME's (Medical, aslo can be obtained from the FAA), Passport (From immigration dept). Do not know what that fee is going for, if the non-us citizens have to provide all that info all the time every PC.

To the powers that be who made this happen,

Thank you.

Now where is that I-501 form again?

lol.

It will only take a white dude to do a terrorist attack in this "TSA" era, and all of you (citizens) will pay background checks too.

Agreed. I support the background checks, but the company needs to cover the costs are part of doing business.

Latest resources

Back