• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to buy Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't doubt it. With ASA/XJT losing the type of airframe that we need more of, I can see this being the next target. There is so little to Comair, at this point, that I don't think a merger/by out is at all too expensive. Honestly though, I see it just being an airframe only aquisition. I'm not in favor, at all, of seeing the Comair pilots left behind, but with DAL's record of whacking Comair, and SkyWest Inc.'s record of forgoing pilots, I see this happening.

I don't think GoJet would do this- they will already be operating the aircraft at a loss that they are getting from us. Geez- what do you think their maintenance is going to be like on airplanes that are old, worn out, and costing them money to operate anyway? I give it 1 summer before Delta realizes the mistake that GoJets is.

Frankly, I think this was a ploy by DAL to ensure the DCI carriers are at their absolute lowest price possible. I believe this was done to exert pressure on ASA to trim down an ever expensive, now cost prohibitive, and dying business model. I guess you could say it was the "last hoorah" in cost control.

I doubt they are ready to jump into another airline merger... Aircraft, yes. They tried this with the Mesa 900's not to long ago. And just snaked Horizons 700's. So taking Comairs 700/900's is'nt unrealistic.. But not likley unless it's Delta that is pushing this... And want SkyWest to buy the planes. Delta seems to like owning the feeder planes latley.. Look at the money they are about to save with GoJet snaking ASA/SKW planes. Tom many strings atatched for a clean deal with Delta these days... I think the topic should be Delta looking for someone to buy/dismantle Comair??

All these rumors could be coming from the fact we just bought 109CA and 155CA....?? For our UsAir flying...

Last edited:
on the ASA side' at least' these are owned by DAL, used to be operated by CMR before ASA

True. I think the point is SkyWest is not going to "buy" Comair or it's planes if Delta keeps the lease on them.. Only to get under bid in 5 years when the CPA is up. If someone does buy Comair, im sure they will want the rights to the leases.. Gives them levrage come contract up time...

True. I think the point is SkyWest is not going to "buy" Comair or it's planes if Delta keeps the lease on them.. Only to get under bid in 5 years when the CPA is up. If someone does buy Comair, im sure they will want the rights to the leases.. Gives them levrage come contract up time...

This sums it up completely...

The SkyWest Board isn't happy at all with the amount of money the ASA/XJT merger is costing and the time/resources involved in getting it done. I don't see Inc. purchasing another airline to merge, as the current one has their hands full. Based on that info, I would assume if there's any truth to the thread statement then it would be an assets only purchase.... (which then begs the question, where do you find the pilots?)

Do you sit in on board meeting?

As far as I know they are on schedule for what they estimated when it was announced.

Cost, is different, but I doubt they assumed their number would be spot on.

What cost them was our managment at ASA underestimating the need for people flying airplanes.

Thanks everyone. Oh just so it's clear now "SkyWest to buy Comair?". I only wanted to solicit though,t not A$#HO$#es. Thanks for the initial input though, rectal openings. I'm glad this thread turned into a good discussion. I am on the way out of OH, and I just wanted to find out if anyone knew of any reson for me to stay.Ffrom everything I have found, I can't find a reason to stay. I am just quiting flying....I'm done with all this BS. I hope that others can find the good luck that I have found. I will stil fly every once and a while, but I am done with this regional/airline B/S. 10 years in the right seat.......I'm done....Thank you all for your EDUCATED input....to all the rest, you deserve what happens to you....karma is a female dog...Fly Safe.....Lifer FO

Latest resources

Back