Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to Acquire Ex-Northwest DC-10s for Charter Operation??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta shouldn't be telling us what size aircraft to fly anyway. As long as it isn't under Delta colors that is.

Yes they should be able to tell you that. If they are paying your bills, then why should they allow you to fly an aircraft for them, or one of their competitors that will take away passengers from their mainline? It's the way of life for a contract carrier.

As I've done told in a few other posts, I'm retired airline. But, with the state of the economy and my own financial situation rollin' down hill faster than a fat kid chasing a cup cake on a skateboard, I've been thinking about returning to flying to help pay my wife's medical bills.

I've considered NetJets and Flex Jet but they work too hard. I want something far more easier. So, here is my question: will this new operation be hiring Professional Flight Engineers for these DC-10s??? It's been 18 years since I've flown one, but I can still remember how it works I think.

Sitting sideways is fun. I always liked it.

Thank you.

They are all going to ATA for their charter ops, that came out months ago. Secondly, you idiots at Skywest would fly anything for the same pay rate. Anything to help the company out and screw up our profession.
...Yawn...

Word is there will be a 10% overide for pilots, but FEs swill get first year FO pay regardless of years of service.

Enough of the flamebait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back