Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to Acquire Ex-Northwest DC-10s for Charter Operation??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcash

Has anyone out there heard that Skywest is possibly getting a few EX-Northwest DC-10s to fly on a new charter certificate out of SLC?

The timing is right considering that NW just parked their last DC-10 but it still seems a little far fetched. Then again, there always seem to be room out there for new charter operators starting up with used airplanes.

I wonder if the pilots will be from SKywest or if it'll be a seprate operation (if it's even true to begin with).

Sign me up, 'cause baby, there is more to a W2 than hourly rate.

I am sure they'll be flown at the 50 seat rate...

Weren't some DC-10's going to ATA?

So will it be 250 seats for 50 seat pay? damn he beat me to it

Sounds like flame bait to me.

Hey Crizz cool avatar, I used to fly one of those...One thing I remember about that plane was "GUMPFART."

Has anyone out there heard that Skywest is possibly getting a few EX-Northwest DC-10s to fly on a new charter certificate out of SLC?

The timing is right considering that NW just parked their last DC-10 but it still seems a little far fetched. Then again, there always seem to be room out there for new charter operators starting up with used airplanes.

I wonder if the pilots will be from SKywest or if it'll be a seprate operation (if it's even true to begin with).

The LDS church can charter in style!

Hey Crizz cool avatar, I used to fly one of those...One thing I remember about that plane was "GUMPFART."

Never heard the GUMPFART... most important one I learned was "Water landing gear is up!"

Ever see the picture of the one landing in water with the gear part way down? I dont think they lived.

Man.....O......Man, Wake Up will ya!! Never Happen!:rolleyes:

Gonna be kind of tough to do that type of work when most of the -10's have been acquired by Omni and ATA. The remainder are getting parted out in Mississippi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back