Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahpilot

Seeing the light
I fly the CRJ for another regional, would I still have to fly the sim in the SkyWest interview? I only have about 600 hours 121. I've heard that 1000 121 will excuse the sim, but is that set in stone or does it change per who is doing the interviewing?

I think thats in stone....heard they even make the 1000+ hr guys make them feel like they are going into the sim during the interview process.

Yes, everyone goes. I had 5000 hrs including lots of 121 PIC and still has to do it. But the sim ride is really pretty easy. Go to American Aviation at the airport, they have a prep. The ride is in an ATC 810.

utahpilot said:
I fly the CRJ for another regional, would I still have to fly the sim in the SkyWest interview? I only have about 600 hours 121. I've heard that 1000 121 will excuse the sim, but is that set in stone or does it change per who is doing the interviewing?
I would have thought with 600 hours of 121 time they would waive the interview as well.

With qualifications such as yours, I would go to the interview and if they asked me to sim, I would dump a glass of water on their table, jump up on top of that puddle and run in place screaming..."I can walk on water, I can walk on water...you bastages!"

FN FAL said:
I would dump a glass of water on their table, jump up on top of that puddle and run in place screaming..."I can walk on water, I can walk on water...you bastages!"
Priceless...

I would have paid to see someone do that when I was doing interviews!! LOL

Thanks for making me laugh!

Lori

FN FAL said:
I would have thought with 600 hours of 121 time they would waive the interview as well.

With qualifications such as yours, I would go to the interview and if they asked me to sim, I would dump a glass of water on their table, jump up on top of that puddle and run in place screaming..."I can walk on water, I can walk on water...you bastages!"
Then when you are sure you've got the job, look at the picture on the interviewer's desk and ask

"Who's the see-unt???"

- comic unknown

FN FAL said:

pretty funny. I asked in all seriousness, and added that I have ONLY 600 121 time. reason I ask is because I read on this board in the past that 1000 of 121 and you don't have to do it. seems like there is still some confusion.

thanks anyway

its really not a huge deal if you prepare for it. like the previous post said, go across the street. They will take care of you pretty well. PM me if you need a phone number.

UtahPilot-

I wouldn't sweat it even if you have to do the sim. In fact, I would look at it as an opportunity to show 'em that you are an excellent pilot....

Lori

FN FAL said:

Or..

Bring a bible and say you were seated at the right hand of the Father and make em believers before you even get asked a question.

they may be so much in awe that they wave the entire process..

I like the water/jumping idea but that takes too much energy and physical exertion in my opinion.

3 5 o

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back