Skywest RJ vs Truck at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry. I can't resist this.

Who has the right away!! Should'nt it say Truck hit airplane. Eighter way this sucks.. I hope everyone is allright.

I'll go ahead and translate this for those who aren't drinking...

"Who has the right-of-way? Shouldn't it say "truck hit airplane?" Either way this sucks... I hope everyone is alright."

Spell check is your friend.

I think my dads rig took those. He was working at the ORD firehouse yesterday. He said the driver was pretty ********************ed up.

The old man also said it was a pilot and a mechanic in the plane not 2 mechanics. Apparently the truck was in the wrong place thus being his fault.

It says he was released from the hospital but my dad said he was pretty bad.

SkyWest mechanics have had incidences in the past. When I was in SLC with SkyWest, there were 2 mechanics at the hanger that set close to takeoff power and resulted in several flight attendants getting blasted. They were actually flying through the air as a result and sustained injuries. Most mechanics were cool but there were a few fu*** there. ORD is crazy and it takes a few seconds of heads down and something bad can happen.

Yesterday in Sfo had a jumpseater that asked us if we had heard about it. I had heard something but did'nt know any details. Well he told us that the driver had passed away. Hope it's not true if it is my thoughts are with his family. BUT that's what I heard so I'm not sure if it's true.

An aircraft struck a city vehicle while taxiing on a runway at O'Hare International Airport early today, injuring three people.

The plane was taxiing from a maintenance hangar to the gates when it collided with the maintenance truck, said Chicago Fire Department Chief Joe Roccasalva.

The driver was transported to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where he has since been treated and released, officials said. Two mechanics were transported in good condition to Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago, Roccasalva said.

No passengers were aboard the plane, a United Express jet operated by SkyWest Airlines.

A runway at O'Hare was closed for less than two hours, according to Chicago Department of Aviation spokeswoman Karen Pride. Flight operations were not affected, she added.

SkyWest spokeswoman Nicole Drew said investigators reviewed United surveillance footage of the incident on Saturday but due to the morning darkness and lights on the runway, officials "could not find who was responsible for the accident."

Chicago-based United Airlines planned to work with SkyWest, based in St. George, Utah., to determine what caused the collision.

"We will conduct a full investigation," said United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy.

The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board were also investigating the incident, Drew said.

Chicago Tribute.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back