• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest RJ vs Truck at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No passengers were aboard the United Express jet, operated by SkyWest Airlines.

The plane was traveling from a hangar to a gate at O'Hare with it collided with the truck around 5 a.m., said Chicago Fire Department Chief Joe Roccasalva.

The driver of the truck was extricated from the city vehicle and transported in critical condition to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. Two mechanics from the plane were transported in good condition to Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago, Roccasalva said.

A runway at O'Hare was closed for less than two hours, according to Chicago Department of Aviation spokeswoman Karen Pride. Flight operations were not affected, she added.

SkyWest spokeswoman Nicole Drew said investigators reviewed United surveillance footage of the incident on Saturday, but due to the morning darkness and lights on the runway, officials "could not find who was responsible for the accident."

Assosiated Press

Who knows which is right.
Hope the color coding helps..

Last edited:
had a MX truck strike our wing as pax were boarding in ord...shook the entire airframe...apparently he forgot we have wings and backed right into it...

I see a lot of dings on wings on rjs in ord....im guessing over half are caused by trucks drivers

I talked to a buddy who is in the mx dept at SKW. He said the guy is ok and has since been released. Not sure if that is true but if anyone would know...

I got sent a whole set of photos from that incident, you can only just shake your head and wonder how in the hell...

I wonder if the truck was doing a runway check and they rammed the plane? That could explain the massive amount of damage and the position of the vehicles?

I don't have any word on the condition of anyone..
I did hear that when the truck hit the airplane the MX's hand was forced into the throttle and that is what caused the airplane to go off the taxiway into the grass. Possibly making injuries worse.. THats speculation though.
good luck

Latest resources

Back