Skywest ranked for low quality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Truckdriver said:
Yeah because you still call your own times. I remember the good old days of "yeah we were ontime". When you get ACARS you'll go to the bottom of the ontime list, 5th on the complaint list, nearly last on the bags list, and you will probably stay up on top of the denied boarding list because everyone will avoid flying on a SKYW flight so you won't have to deny anyone boarding. At least you'll still be on top of one thing.

Umm yeah thats it.......Get a Flipping clue. Like rogue said, most of the Crj's and ALL EMB's are acars equipped.

NEXT!!

I like skyWest but is anything ever your fault? I understand chicago is not doing well but your not the only express carrier that has problems with thier hubs...ie dulles....Heck in chicago our own rampers don't even marshall us in. I wouldn't worry about it in a few months our contract to run the ramp in chicago is over and I am sure someone else will get it...Let us all pray it is not DGS they can't even run a small station like Ksav right and we only have one gate there.

I've worked for both ZW and SW. I gotta say, SW does a much better job with ground ops. yes, we have other stations, tons of them. DEN and SLC absolutely put ORD to shame in this area, for just two examples.

sour grapes are understandable, but saying we suck is really a reach. nobody I know wanted ya'll to loose a thing. hopefully your flying will grow in the end with Airways.

best o' luck

UP

pilotpayne said:
I like skyWest but is anything ever your fault?

Jesus jumped up Christ. Is anyone going to recognize this has NOTHING to do with the pilots, but has everything to do with management.

Many things our the pilots fault, this isn't one of them. Let it go!

MELIT is right on!!

Late, early, lost bags, ACARS, no ACARS who cares?

The ONLY thing that matters is that you are early on the freedom leg (and that you burn at least an extra 1000lbs of gas getting home at warp speed).

Everything else is bullsh.it.

Boys I didn't say it was SkyWests fault about our flying. It's not the pilots and as I said I like Skywest. I also don't blame your company for putting in a better bid. Our problems come from our managment and United. All I am saying is that this study comes out with a low ranking on one part and it's said to be all chicagos fault. So just hold off on the attack and read what I said. And as a small note I have been to many Skywest station and they do very well. I also hope you get chicago ground work maybe you could do something with that mess aca couldn't we are trying someone has to make it work.

utahpilot said:
I've worked for both ZW and SW. I gotta say, SW does a much better job with ground ops. yes, we have other stations, tons of them. DEN and SLC absolutely put ORD to shame in this area, for just two examples.

sour grapes are understandable, but saying we suck is really a reach. nobody I know wanted ya'll to loose a thing. hopefully your flying will grow in the end with Airways.

best o' luck

UP

Utah pilot, were you even at ZW long enough to see our own ops, other than ORD? Were you ever based in DEN and seen how our ops worked there? Have you been to many of our outstations (LNK, FSD, BIS, SGF, SPI, MOL, GRB, CWA, etc.) which by and large do a great job? Don't judge ZW ops on what you observed in ORD during your short stay at the company when a very tumultuous transition in ground handling was taking place.

I know ops in ORD aren't the best, but they are leaps and bounds better than when you worked here. And much better than that joke DGS that UAL foisted upon us in IAD.

I saw all of the ops you listed except BIS. I never said they all sucked, I only referenced ORD. I would agree with DEN being great.

again, none of this is the pilot's fault. yes, I saw the horror that was when ZW got the ORD contract, and I saw it get much better before I left. In fact, I tell people that all the time, that it is leaps and bounds from where it was (remember waiting for your release to be delivered?)

I'd just ask you to direct your anger and bitterness (which is all understandable) at this situation where it belongs.

best to all,

UP

Latest resources

Back