• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last I heard, there is an upgrade class being offered in early Feb. Also heard that it might be canceled. As for the last few classes, they have been training for both aircraft. There has been some attrition lately - probably 25 people or so in the past 2 months. Hopefully things will start happening again soon.

What are the odds of getting the CRJ if you are already flying one? Not hired or anything, but I'm getting furloughed from my company and I really don't have the desire to learn a new plane, but if I'm going to stay in the industry SkyWest is where I want to be.

platinumclub said:
What are the odds of getting the CRJ if you are already flying one? Not hired or anything, but I'm getting furloughed from my company and I really don't have the desire to learn a new plane, but if I'm going to stay in the industry SkyWest is where I want to be.

Probably pretty good - just as long as you bring the mullet!!

No new hires "planned" through at least March. There are 3 upgrade classes in the RJ, one in Jan, Feb, and March though and I believe the Bro has 3 upgrade classes planned over the same time frame ... so at least there is some movement.

If we happen to announce any new airplane orders (we're waiting for Delta to decide how/what they want Skywest, Inc. to do) in the next couple of months then new hires could possibly start as soon as 2-3 weeks later. So "plans" can change rather quickly.

There is a pool for both the CRJ and the EMB, but they were filled (I think like 40-50 in each pool) back in Oct. You never know how many people will still be treading water 6 months later. If you have CRJ time and we're running a CRJ class, I'd say you have about a 99.9% chance of getting offered the RJ.

Mouse

I'd like to know where you get your info. I traded emails with VA in SGU not more than a week ago. To paraphrase her, the upgrade classes they just awarded are to even out the FO/CA and there are no classes (newhire or upgrade) planned as of yet for the rest of the year.

What's your source?

Don't know where the 70's will go... DEN just got a lot more 70 lines this month though... 70 total I think.

Latest resources

Back