Skywest QOL question...DROP trips.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papa Woody

At ASA, the answer is always "NO" if we'd like to drop a trip for any reason.

How easy is it to drop trips on occasion? I am wondering because of the "best practices" scam coming soon.

Thanks for the reply.

It all depends on what the reserve staffing is at that particular moment. The problem with that is that we have no way of knowing the reserve situation except by what crew scheduling tells us. I wouldn't say it's an automatic "no", but chances are pretty good it will go that way.

I'm wondering about your "best practices" scam comment. What drives the negative attitude on that? It seems to me that there are things that we can learn from each other and do better. If ASA has a way of doing job A quicker, more efficient, and more cost effective, shouldn't we both do it that way?

Our Sched. Dept is so poorly/inefficiently run that even if they have adequate reserves, they create more problems in a day that they need more reserves than they have so their answer is always "Low Coverage".

theskyking said:
I'm wondering about your "best practices" scam comment. What drives the negative attitude on that? It seems to me that there are things that we can learn from each other and do better. If ASA has a way of doing job A quicker, more efficient, and more cost effective, shouldn't we both do it that way?

You sound like management! Way-to-go, CompanyMan!

The term "best practices" is a candy-coating description of of how labor will be squeezed even tighter.

Do you really think it's part of their plan to make YOUR life easier, or put more money in YOUR pocket?

WAKE UP! Any efficiencies realized by "best practices" will be AT YOUR EXPENSE and any rewards therefrom will be put in THEIR POCKETS, NOT YOURS.

Don't be so gullible all your life.

Papa,

You have no idea who you are talking to. I am no way near being a management lackey. If you are so pissed off about your career and the direction it is going, do us a favor and get out. All I am saying is that there are better ways to do things and I don't know them all. I may even listen to an idea or two that come from you.

Latest resources

Back