Skywest premiums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cksport

Hey Skywest dispatchers......can someone verify some details for me regarding premiums for Skywest dispatchers. I have information that states Skywest receives premiums for ATS (Comp airmen) and Instructor premium (OJT?) of $1.50/hr and $1.00/hr respectively. Can anyone confirm or refute this information. Also, can dispatchers make themselves available during their vacation and/or holidays??? If so, are they paid a premium rate in addition to their vacation/holiday pay or not?

Hey Skywest dispatchers......can someone verify some details for me regarding premiums for Skywest dispatchers. I have information that states Skywest receives premiums for ATS (Comp airmen) and Instructor premium (OJT?) of $1.50/hr and $1.00/hr respectively. Can anyone confirm or refute this information. Also, can dispatchers make themselves available during their vacation and/or holidays??? If so, are they paid a premium rate in addition to their vacation/holiday pay or not?

You are correct on the overrides...Not quite sure i follow the other part, but here is how it works...If you are scheduled off on a holiday, you get 8 hours of holiday pay. If you scheduled to work you get your normal 10 hours plus 8 hours holiday pay. If you pick up that day, you get overtime of time and 1/2 plus the 8 hours of holiday pay.

=Also, Skywest dispatch doesnt Bid vacation per se. We request it whenever we want it, and if the scheduler can get it off for you, you get the day off. Lets say i decide I want next Wednesday off. I fill out a vacation request and cross my fingers it gets approved.

Last edited:
..and the nice lady that runs the vacation stuff does a pretty damn good job trying to get people to cover yer shifts...

..and the nice lady that runs the vacation stuff does a pretty damn good job trying to get people to cover yer shifts...
Assuming she is still reading over your shoulder...

The Black Widow owns each of our souls...and I wouldn't have it any other way. Best. Vacation. Setup. EVER. Well, at least for people like me who never plan their trips more than 3 days in advance. Last minute trip to Sydney? No problemo...

:D

Last edited:
Assuming she is still reading over your shoulder...

The Black Widow owns each of our souls...and I wouldn't have it any other way. Best. Vacation. Setup. EVER. Well, at least for people like me who never plan their trips more than 3 days in advance. Last minute trip to Sydney? No problemo...

:D

The Black Widow also has a way of talking me into working overtime to cover your short notice vacation requests.

No - LOL - I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!

Oh....we were given information that the overnight shift got differential pay ($0.50/hr) and we wanted to confirm. I guess you can look forward to it in the future if we manage to get it in our contract at EV. Thanks for the information.

yeah the overnight shift does get .50 override (this consists of one person)....but the 4pm to 2am guy, and the 2am to noon guys get no such override.....

Latest resources

Back