• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

SkyWest postponing classes

Jeepman

Obssesed with JEEP's
Total Time
3000+
For those of you in the pool for Skywest, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as of 7/1/02 they have postponed all newhire & EMB120 upgrade classes until the end of the year. RJ classes are to go ahead as planned.

Having waited 9 months to come to Skywest I know how frustrating it is to wait. All I can say is that it truly is wortyh the wait! Besides, it is possible that things will pick up and they will have classes sooner.

Good luck to all of those in the pool!

TankerPuke

RALPHIE
Total Time
1 year wait here - wher'd you get your info? Any words Andy?

PUKE

Smoove Ride

Love Man
Total Time
<enuff
doh!

i listened to the hotline this morning. all new hire classes are being postponed indefintely. this is due to the reduction in emb flying, as well as the hiccup that occured with jet deliveries. our RJ's are back on schedule for the rest of the year, so i'm guessing they run a new hire class sooner than later. it's a bummer, but hang tight..... -sr.

barondriver

Dawn Patrol Dawg Again
Total Time
I can't afford Kleenex anymore.:(

House_X

House X by Peter Eisenman
Total Time
I know a lot people waiting for Skywest, it's a great company, but you can't wait forever. I would apply to ACA and ASA, they seem to drain people from the pool at a faster rate. You've got to go where the jobs are...

JOPILOT

JP
Total Time
7k+
I will wait

I understand ACA and ASA may be much faster at draining
their pool and shoving people through classes, but I think
I will tough it out for a little longer before I get too excited.
I really liked the way I was treated at my interview and
I don't know that I won't keep this job for the rest of my
career! I appreciate your insight but I think I will stay with
this opportunity and wait for SkyWest.

Not to mention I am not sure how I would do unless I could
fly around some sort of terrain, wide open flat terrain may
make for some long flights.....Take Care JP

Cornelius

Where's Pancakes House
Total Time
I totally agree with House X. I know someone who was hired at skywest in mid-december and she's still in the pool. It is a great company and if you can hack, wait. For me, I sure wouldn't wait around too long.

Wowjack

I love Bro...,but I go RJ
Total Time
Well, I'm not even in a hiring pool and I'm waiting for them.

FlyboyPhil

Total Time
Isn't this post in the wrong forum??

Shouldn't this post be in the YGBSM forum?
I Didn't struggle through the tough times decades ago.. but this just keeps dragging on....
Wish I had some SR71 or Space shuttle time so I could get hired.... Luck all.. gotta get better before we all hit 60...

A36DRIVER

Total Time
Anyone who went to the job fair is going to get a call at some point. Although Skywest is a great company I would have to agree with those above...go where the jobs are.
good luck