SkyWest Pilot Career Program????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Katana to B727/737

Why are they using a Boeing 727 and 737 simulator? What relevance does training on one of these simulators have to do with flying for Skywest? Is Skywest planning on acquiring the B727 and 737?

Pilot Career Foundation

Along with the excellent comments said so far, who exactly is this "Pilot Career Foundation?" It says it is a not-for-profit, yet it charges $4.8K for this program? Any way to research this operation?

My obvious dislike for SkyWest aside, I'd be very leary of this outfit. The name alone sounds suspicous.

Once again, good luck with your plans.

thanks everybody for the time they took to give sound advice

i really want to fly for skywest, it just seems this training program could take years off of my journey

If there is any single word that should make you run the other direction when you see it, it is the word "Program" in an aviation context.

I did some checking on this with those more in the know than myself here. What I found out is that the 750 hour interview is being honored for those program participants who enrolled in good faith before last July or so. Evidently there are 232 such people (your numbers, not mine) who would be eligible. This is NOT being offered to new participants.

Latest resources

Back