• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest paycut?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did this rumor come from? I can tell you. I was there and heard it straight from Jerry's mouth. There was about 30 of us there. Obi-Wan's friend was probably there too. He said that he felt that the pay was already too high for 50 seaters and it was more reflective of 70 seat pay, (what a joke) so he said instead of asking for more; be glad that there isn't a separate 50 seat scale with lower pay then it is now. That shut everyone up in the room. I didn't think he was serious, just trying to lower our expectations for anymore money in the next pay package but we probably won't have to take any cuts. So we can probably expect to continue on with the same pay that we have in place now. I did hear and this is just rumor; is that a token $2.00 more for the 70 seater might be thrown our way, otherwise nothing will change.

We almost took a 2% paycut a couple months ago. . but that was voted down!
And the reason was that you wanted to wait and see what happens after your 18 months are up. Basically your pilot group trusts management more than your own peers (did not vote for an in house UNION) All you have to remember is that management changes sooner or later. There is always a chance of a Lorenzo type leveraging your own assest to buy you and use you, chew you up and spit you out. You guys made your desicion based on the information you had at time. If your relation with your management is great like you all claim, Why would it change if you had an in house union? Things should not change, look at SWA, they are the most unionized airline in the business.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back