• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Pay Vote Closes Tonight 11/30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skywest is to voting as the election of Hussein was to democracy.

They don't have a choice. They have no union. The company is doing this to placate them. On the other hand, why on earth would they turn down free money? I don't understand the argument behind this. If they say no to the free money, then they don't get it. That's it. They can still vote ALPA/Teamsters/etc. onto property even if they take the FREE money. I say take it and run.

It will pass.

Of course it will....because there is nothing to gain if you vote no.

If someone said "do you want a dollar". you would say yes. if you say no, the MAN walks away with the dollar and ur left with nothing. SO might as well take it. Skywest Management isnt obligated to give them anything.

You guys are morons... we turned down free money before, maybe we'll do it again!

Truth is there is always some group to talk about, make fun of... Mesa is always on the list, we here at Skywest are on the list from time to time...

Hell, I made fun of the ol' PFTers... yeah, that's you, Comair and Cotex... But really what does it mean? Nothing... we all do what we have to do. We go to whatever company is dumb enough to hire us... whether that be Skywest, ASA, Mesa, Southwest (tell me how that is NOT PFT as well... nobody jeers them though)... we do what we have to do to put food on the table.

Worry about your own house, leave us to ours.

You guys who sit here and talk smack about us lowering the bar in the industry... because you are such an expert having flown for two whole years already... wow! Who cares? You guys are idiots.

But, this will kill ya, who is worse? Me for pointing it out... that's right, I'm dumber than you, but at least I know it.

It passed. Took the money...now we'll see if the message got through...take the money...vote in the union.

Not sure how taking free money makes us scabs...last I checked we don't even have a union and no other DC or UEX carrier was striking...so I don't think scabbing is even possible right now.

I suppose I could be wrong...it is 1:30am after all.

Good God...To hell with the individual. Let's all, for the sake of the airline, sacrifice all we've worked for, for the greater good. Goda*& the individual!

Last edited:
No Idea what that rant was all about...if your trying to convince me a union would help things at skywest...you're preaching to the choir. Maybe it's past your bedtime?

Is there back pay to the end of the original 18 months? Didn't think so. SKYW just saved some money for a period of time at your expense, and you sacrificed pay to help a company that doesn't need the help as much as a $20/hour FO. Yea, they really seem to care about you.

Latest resources

Back