Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Write Your Owns on UAL, small fee
ID100 on DAL and Song
Zed fare (zone rates) on many others, international and domestic...

And just to add to the previous post:

Designated companion, jumpseat with practically everyone (actual on DAL, UAL, SKYW, AirWhiskey and hopefully CAL).
24 buddy passes a year, $30/leg on SKYW (up from $15 earlier this year), varies on the others.
UAL priviledges begin 14 days after employment, DAL after 90. CAL TBD.
Most recent ZED additions are Korean, Quantas and Aero Mexico.

Hope this helps, BJet.

SkyWest Employee and eligibles:
On SkyWest flights, UNLIMITED and FREE. :D

SkyWest Buddy Passes:
Buddy Passes valid for travel on SkyWest only. (SkyWest Delta Connection and United Express - the new agreement with Continental hasn't been published yet but I'll assume same)
One-way segment-to-segment travel
Qualifying employees (after six months) allotted 24 segments per year.
$30.00 per segment. :rolleyes:

Delta Air Lines:
After 90 days, ID100 for domestic US, also $10 one-way to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada (service charge for government-imposed departure and airport taxes. :D
ID95 international.

United:
United Write-your-owns (WYO) after 14 days. United's WYO costs are calculated using:
1. a fixed base price (a per segment/coupon charge)
2. A mileage charge
3. Government taxes

The example we were given: Chicago (ORD) to Los Angeles (LAX) in Economy class = about $18.31 :eek:

And other airlines we've got lots of ZED (Zonal Employee Discounts) and one-way service charge benefits.

Pilots and Dispatcher jumpseat priveleges with bunches of airlines with reciprocal travel agreements (of course we dispatchers get the shaft from a lot of airlines and aren't included in the agreement or specifically stated NO DISPATCHERS, what's up with that?).

Pinnacle gets essentially the same travel benies as NW and Mesaba. Free travel for you and dependents on Pinnacle flights. $12.50 domestic one-ways (free after five years of service) and established rates for international and alaska/hawaii on mainline NW and Mesaba. We board after mainline guys on all flights, even flights operated by us.

Buddy passes suck. I cant remember how many you get but you pay 10% of the highest walkup fare plus a service charge. You also have to travel with your buddy.

They are supposed to be switching us to easy-writes soon but as of now all passes have to purchased separately.

Travel benies have been changing frequently so I could be all F'd up but thats the way it was last I checked.

Last edited:
Write Your Owns on UAL, small fee
My question is, what is your boarding priority. Because if you cant get on it does not matter what the benefits are. Continental gives the connection careers SA5's which is the lowest boarding priority they have. How about UA and DAL?

Skywest Airlines: (after 14 days)
Self = S3/BP8A
Spouse = S3/BP8A
Dependents = S3B/BP8A
Parents = S3B/BP8A
Buddy Pass = S3D/BP8C

Delta Airlines: (after 90 days)
Self = S3C
Spouse = S3C
Dependents = S3C
Parents = S3C
Buddy Pass = not available

United Airlines: (after 14 days)
Self = BP8C
Spouse = BP8C
Dependents = BP8C
Parents = BP8C
Buddy Pass = BP8C

I think I got them all. No guarentee on all current/correct either. Things are always changing in the airline industry. :D

Do you bump a DAL employee on your own flights? One seat left you and MR. Dal who gets on, let's say it is a delta flight?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back