• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYWEST or COMAIR??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been with Comair for a couple of years and often consider going to skywest. I dont want to move or commute thats the one thing stopping me from applying. My main reason for wanting to leave is the morale.

As far as upgrade yeah it may be fast for the next year or so but after that unless SKW plans on having 6000 pilots on property (which is possible) in the next 2 years it will slow. Not to mention guys will settle in making the big bucks flying a 100 seat airplane and attrition will slow. The cost will start to increase and the cycle of regional life continues.
Comair lost around 400 peope last year and will loose at least that many this year. Meaning Comairs cost are going down due to attrition and a court imposed pay cut.
Change is rampent and you can ony make decisions for today, no matter what Delta pilots tell you while on their jumpseat

RCA what is life like the first year as an FO - from hire on? How is training conducted? Time in weeks, and do you get the chance to jump home every now and then to see the fam? Thanks...

Unless your friend wants to be on the unemployment line, tell him to go to Skwest. Skywest is a great airline, and growing like crazy. Comair = work with scumbags, work with idiots, work with arrogant AHoles! Comair will be liquidated piece by piece, they are already giving up airplanes.

As former Comair, i say go Sky West! Comair has a nice Dog and Pony show at the interview, but wait till he sees his luxury crashpad in Queens. When i interviewed at Comair they promised me 35 new 70 seaters by the end of 2006, that worked out well. Oh yea and they were hireing for the CVG base, till the first week of indoc when they sent the entire class to JFK.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I knew about some of the problems over at Comair but you folks have really opened my eyes. I have been away from that scene (ACA) for 5 years so your help is appreciated. Thanks again for the info, that is what FlightInfo is REALLY for!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back