Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N813CA

Yeah buddy
If you had to choose between Skywest or Air Wisconsin which one one you pick? Which one do you think will make it in this tough industry now. Which one will probably not fourlough soon. I am looking for job security right now.

I agree that means a lot. The only thing is that when I came to Piedmont Airlines two years ago, they told me the same thing, I must say it is very impressive that Skywest made it through Sept 11 without any forlough. What do you think will happen when Delta and United reduces their flying?

I'm guessing that SkyWest, ACA, Air Wisconsin, Comair, and ASA increase theirs by picking up routes that are not profitable for 737s but are for CRJs.

You might want to look at relative exposure for each of those also with ACA and Air Wisconsin being 85-100% United Express and SkyWest being about 50-50 between United Express and Delta Connection.

does Skywest tell you what you will be flying and your were you will be flying out of when they offer you a job?

Since SkyWest running very shallow pools these days, it is very likely you will know the type aircraft for which you are hired. Domicile assignment isn't official until well into the class.

In the most recent class, all 11 who wanted SLC, 2 who wanted FAT, and 1 who wanted TUS got SLC. One who wanted TUS got TUS.

Past performance does not necessarily reflect future returns.

I'm sure Skywest is a great place to work,
but in my class over 2 years ago at Air Willy
we had 2 guys from Skywest and several since
then.

I don't know or have I ever heard of any AWAC
pilots going to other regional's. But there
are pilots from every other regional at Air Willy.

That should tell you something.

Jetsnake

I know one guy who was fired by Skywest and AirWis picked him up, I'm not sure that is the transition I'm looking for in my fellow pilots. That was about 2 years ago.

Latest resources

Back