Skywest non-rev question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dashocho

Quick question. I'm an SWA pilot out on sick leave due to ankle surgery. Im non-reving on a Sky West buddy pass tomorrow from SLC to JAC to get my cast changed etc. I asked my buddy if I'm suppossed to list myself(call Delta?), is he suppossed to list me. He had no clue as he's never used any Delta side buddy passes. Anyone here have an answer for me as to the procedure over there? Thanks in advance!!

If you have a E-Ticket, and a confirmation number, (your friend should have given you this), then just go to the ticket counter as a paying pax would. They will handle it from there.

That is of course that the Sky West buddy passes work like the ASA ones did. I just assumed they would, but I don't know.

if you are flying delta you can call the regular delta ticketing number and list, otherwise if you are in CASS just tell your friend to save his buddy passes, use your id to get thru security, and list for the actual jumpseat at the gate, welcome aboard

Evil,

Thx, however I'm in a hardcast from a bad ski wreck on one of the airline ski club trips. I can't ride the jumpseat right now. I use Skywest all the time to go to JAC and am always grateful. I need to buddy pass due to the fact I'm inactive right now at SWA.

Just call Delta and list yourself as a nonrev. Check in at the ticket counter and they'll activate you for the standby list so you can get through security. Hope this helps.

He should have sent you an e ticket for the flight that he has you listed. You have to list for a flight when you pay for it. What has he given you? Delta is going to ask you for a confirmation number from the buddy pass when you call them to change a listing.

Quick question. I'm an SWA pilot out on sick leave due to ankle surgery. Im non-reving on a Sky West buddy pass tomorrow from SLC to JAC to get my cast changed etc. I asked my buddy if I'm suppossed to list myself(call Delta?), is he suppossed to list me. He had no clue as he's never used any Delta side buddy passes. Anyone here have an answer for me as to the procedure over there? Thanks in advance!!

Must be nice to be able to non-rev while on sick leave. My airline would yank your pass privileges away if we did that.

He should have sent you an e ticket for the flight that he has you listed. You have to list for a flight when you pay for it. What has he given you? Delta is going to ask you for a confirmation number from the buddy pass when you call them to change a listing.

Skywest buddy passes are not e-tickets. They're issued for a city pair only and you get to pick the date and flight(s). Just call 800-221-1212 and list for the flight you want. Go to the ticket counter and activate yourself for the standby list with your buddy pass... simple as that. Call your buddy if you have any questions, and they can call the Skywest travel center to have you listed too. If I remember, when you get the buddy pass it has an instruction pamphlet with it.

How are they not e-tickets? I thought Delta quit issuing paper buddy passes a couple of years ago. Do you get something different at Skywest?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back