Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for Andy

Hello Andy,

My question is that i am presently a flight instructor in the middle east that is a US citizen. The way the job market was going last year, I tried to get opportunities wherever i could. At the present, I am back home in california but am leaving again this friday for an interview with a cargo company out of Jeddah, Saudia Arabia. We use FAA regulations so it makes things easier for the transition, but in the website application process it lists experience under part 135. I am pretty sure there are no 135 operations in the middle east, but it is a cargo operation. I dont want to mislead the application process so would it be smart to leave that section blank? Does it look negative on me that i am not flying in the US? I know with all the problems with current situations and the inevitable war with Iraq, does skywest primarily hire american based pilots?

thanks

I would not include such time in the 121/135 blocks unless they actually were (as opposed to being equivalent).

I know of no restrictions on SkyWest hiring based on current basing so long as the applicant has the right to work in the US and has the appropriate US certificates.

Is it worth my while to shoot in a resume with 1150/150? I know I meet the mins, but without someone walking it in, it doesn't sound like they will even glance at you? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. 1500 and 1200 but I don't know anyone at Skywest. Is there even a chance they'd look at me with that kind of time?

Are you serious??

What is all this "do you think they will even look at me talk?" So what, if someone says no they are not, your not going to send your stuff in? You meet the mins right? That means your qualified for the job, if you weren't they would raise the mins. Filling out that on-line app takes a few mins of your time, it's not going to hurt anything. In this enviroment you have to be just a little bit more aggressive than you sound, I'm not trying to rag on you guys or anything, I'm just trying to get you guys fired up.......it's pretty wicked out there right now, kick it up a notch!! Good luck!

Latest resources

Back