SkyWest newhires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chepito

I am curious to know if SkyWest is calling pilots for interviews from the pool that they had or if these are "new" applicants/new hires.

Thanks for the info!

Newhires

I interviewed Mon. Nov. 19th, got a fedex envelope with a conditional offer of employment and an invite to the Jan 6th Class that saturday. I imagine there are some people who have been offered employment and asked for a later class date due to personal reasons, but otherwise they are giving out class dates when you get the results of your interview.
Good luck
Philip

I hear E120 upgrades are going to new hires because no one wants to take the chance of the "up or out" policy at Skywest.
As long as you have a certain number of hours, you can qualify. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Cheers! Yakkety Yak--Don't talk back!

The "up or out" policy means upon initial upgrade if you don't pass you lose your job.

I don't think the "up or out" policy is keeping people from upgrading. I think for the majority of people it's a quality of life issue. An RJ FO, holding a regular line, can basically make the same amount of money as an EMB captain on reserve. Most people dislike reserve and would rather have more control over their schedule. The majority of the people upgrading recently coundn't of even held a line as an RJ FO.

I have yet to hear of a new hire going straight to the left seat of the EMB120 at SkyWest.
And I agree with Socalplt. It's a quality of life issue, not the up or out policy.

EMB upgrade

I have heard that some previous skywest captains and others with comparable time have been sneaking into upgrade classes in the 6 month or even a bit less timeframe.. if the guys with the experience and seniority go CRJ or decide not to upgrade then these guys get the slots.

There will not be any newhires in upgrade. There will be a few recently rehired Skywest pilots who are on furlough from a major carrier. All had to requalify in the right seat and all have extensive time with Skywest and in the E-120. In fact one was a check airman Captain on the equipment before he left. They will be on reserve forever though as they come in at the bottom of the seniority list.

PS: The most junior guy to get the award recently was at 10 months seniority. This is the exception not the rule as only 6 months ago, it was going at about 2 1/2 years.

Latest resources

Back