• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest new hire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UHC HSA - $2400 Per/person and $6000 total family deductible (NO PRESCRIPTION MEDS COVERED). Very good program IF you don't get sick, hurt or have high cost prescriptions. NO company contributions to the account after 2011. There may be a prescription option in the future.

UHC Nationwide PPO - Expensive, but actually is insurance. This option is on the chopping block for 2012 and will most likely be used as a tool by management during the current pay negotiations (HA!HA!HA! I said negotiations) for lower pay rates and work rules.

Go read the letter. It doesn't look very good for forcing one list. The only way this will happen is by the OO pilots forcing the issue.

I read the letter. Looks good for forcing one list...lawyers to decide. Hopefully OO pilots do support SKW honoring XJT pilots contract.

Or maybe we should let it play out the way they want it (2 lists) they know what there doing.. If a year or 2 down the road things are bad, then push for 1 list.. These guys know what there doing.. Let them do it.. If we try to force something they don't want all its going to do is de-rail there plans... I think we have good times ahead for "both" sides of Inc...

There is more leverage now. Two years down the road things are bad, there is nothing forcing them to one list. They know what they are doing which is precisely why we should not let them try to do what they are trying to do. If it derails the plans, so be it. Good times are ahead for all pilots if we have one list. Otherwise it will be bad down the road.

It will be up to you guys to force the issue. Lets see if the SAPA guys really have the nads to run with this one. Otherwise, XJT will either capitulate or the Jerry pulls the plug.

I don't think SAPA can do anything about it. And I hope XJT ALPA doesn't capitulate.

How about when SAPA forced the jumpseat issue agianst UAL, who blinked then balloonknot?

Does UAL mainline have priority on OO UAL express, big efffffing nooo.

That's only because it benefits Skywest Airlines. If SAPA tries to do anything that goes against anything JA is trying to do, I'm sure it will be SAPA with drippings on their chins.

Sadly, unless there were some major fences for west coast bases, you will not see OO guys pushing the issue. I know their out there, but I have yet to meet one who supports one list.

No one will be able to displace anyone from their aircraft, seat, or base. It would cost the company way too much in training and moving benefits. There will be fences and once they are down, you will only be able to bid into vacancies. OO guys need to get informed. Of course there is no union to help them do that either.

Jerry has an ace in his back pocket and it's not good for xjet.

Two lists is not good for XJT. If that kills the deal, I hope he does use that ace!

Jerry always has an ace in his back pocket. Bluffing with a crap hand is dangerous in this game....

My crystal ball shows some growth on the Skywest side of the house soon.

That is what he tried to tell us two years ago. "You should see us as your life boat. You will be bankrupt in 6-9 months." The difference is that I don't really care if we actually do go bankrupt in 6-9 months now.

UHC HSA - $2400 Per/person and $6000 total family deductible (NO PRESCRIPTION MEDS COVERED). Very good program IF you don't get sick, hurt or have high cost prescriptions.

Or don't have kids or are not in the child rearing age or are not planning to have children.

Got it: Unions increase communication and bring clarity.

I read the letter. Looks good for forcing one list...lawyers to decide. Hopefully OO pilots do support SKW honoring XJT pilots contract.

There is more leverage now. Two years down the road things are bad, there is nothing forcing them to one list. They know what they are doing which is precisely why we should not let them try to do what they are trying to do. If it derails the plans, so be it. Good times are ahead for all pilots if we have one list. Otherwise it will be bad down the road.

I don't think SAPA can do anything about it. And I hope XJT ALPA doesn't capitulate.

That's only because it benefits Skywest Airlines. If SAPA tries to do anything that goes against anything JA is trying to do, I'm sure it will be SAPA with drippings on their chins.

No one will be able to displace anyone from their aircraft, seat, or base. It would cost the company way too much in training and moving benefits. There will be fences and once they are down, you will only be able to bid into vacancies. OO guys need to get informed. Of course there is no union to help them do that either.

Two lists is not good for XJT. If that kills the deal, I hope he does use that ace!

That is what he tried to tell us two years ago. "You should see us as your life boat. You will be bankrupt in 6-9 months." The difference is that I don't really care if we actually do go bankrupt in 6-9 months now.

Or don't have kids or are not in the child rearing age or are not planning to have children.

Skywest Pilots will never want to merge. They will always be to big of Xussies. Look at their past, the spineless dirtbags would not vote in a union or even think about joining lists with ASA because the majority would lose their 3 years of hard earned seniority. "Just say no to higher pay, and while your at it, fly that 700 for 50 seat pay, and we will take some airplanes from ASA and let you fly them", says Jerry. "Yeee-yahhh!!!! I will get to up-grade, and in another year, I will get that 'earned' job at SWA, FDX, or UPS. F you Delta pilots, I can fly the 900 now for 50 seat pay, I didn't want to work for you anyway." says the Skywest pilot. As I have stated before: "How does a fat kid get skinny? Why you tease them of course"! In defense of Jerry: He actually gave you all a raise and an 'override' wage....after ASA signed a contract....of course

Last edited:

Last Friday morning in Vegas your people were told it would happen IF Xjet wants a single list. Not worth the court battle. They were also asked to choose which direction they, xjet pilots, want to go. It's cheaper to pay the $5 mil to get out of the deal.

I think the Latin base for Moroni is aptly just.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back