• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You need 2500TT and 1000 Part 121 time. You will probably enjoy a pretty nice schedule until you have the time to upgrade.

I think it's 1000 crew/turbine, not only 121 time. I've even heard of people getting some credit for turbine 135 time, like flying the BE-99 for amflight or something. 2500TT is non-negotiable.

Scott

I think it's 1000 crew/turbine, not only 121 time. I've even heard of people getting some credit for turbine 135 time, like flying the BE-99 for amflight or something. 2500TT is non-negotiable.

Scott
How bout military crew time?

I know one guy who is a retired AF C-130 guy who just upgraded in less than a year in the brasilia. No way he had 1000 part 121, but he had a ton of C-130 time. I think it comes down to the opinion of flight standards if you don't have 1000 part 121.

Scott

If you get hired with a 1000 hrs is it possible to have the time to upgrade in a year?
Only if you fly the abslolute legal max..and then fly 500 extra hours on your own time (Or 300 if you're in the EMB).

So, realistically, while it's technically possible, it is highly unlikely.

I know one guy who is a retired AF C-130 guy who just upgraded in less than a year in the brasilia. No way he had 1000 part 121, but he had a ton of C-130 time. I think it comes down to the opinion of flight standards if you don't have 1000 part 121.

Scott

You need:
ATP Mins (obviously)
2500 TT
1000 crew turbine

The crew turbine could be military or corporate, doesn't have to be 121.

Marine Grunt- what are your times up to now?
I just got the mins for SkyW about two months ago, so I have just over 1000tt with 550 turbine and 450 "crew" time. Building time in the guard is slllllllooooooooooooow..... If the upgrade stays at two years, I should be ready by then...

If you are from ERAU all you need is a pvt to get an interview..
NICE :)

Hey maybe if I go get myself a RJ type from those RJ training schools it'll get dropped to 500 and 100.

What's wrong with getting your type?!? The least it can do is help that person that has never sat in a glass cockpit or a jet make it through training!

PS. I know for a fact that has been two people hired under the mins at SkyWest. Bascially, they were people that were known by the hiring group and were allowed in. (probably more rumor, but who knows.) :)

Latest resources

Back