• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Mechanical Aptitude Test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone who has been to the SkyWest open houses post some info about the mechanical test? I have been looking at the ASVAB and the Mechanical Aptitude & Spatial Relations book. There are a lot of different types of questions. Anything to help narrow it down would be appreciated or if you can remember the questions that would be good too.

I'd concentrate on those with gears, pulleys, liquid pressure differentials. Visualize the movement. Let the force work through you.

I never interviewed with skywest, but when I took systens in college we had a book called "aircraft hydraulic systems" it's rather thin, and it's by jeppesen (ISBN 0-89100-058-5).

I would definitely recomend it for any technical interview involving aircraft systems, it has absolutely everything you need to know for aircraf; landing gear, actuators, acumulators, hydraulic pressure differential, with drawings, etc... It's designed for both pilots and and an intro for future mechanics.

Alex

I studied the ARCO Officer Candidate Tests Prep book and it was fairly effective. I found it at the local library. Good luck.

In addition, for those really interested in hydraulics, the Parker-Hannefin Company, which manufactures a wide range of hydraulic components along with aircraft vacuum pumps, publishes a good basic textbook on the subject. I found it in the Grainger catalog.

Latest resources

Back