• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
I have a question for you folks that fly for Skywest:

About 1 mo. ago, i was trying to jumpseat from SDF to ORD on one of your flights. I work for UPS, so I wasn't sure if you guys were CASS yet, so I checked in at the gate with passpost in hand. The flight had availability, and as the ticket agent/ ramp person was inputting my info, a note came back on her computer. It said that Skywest wasn't taking any offline jumpseaters - only Skywest employees. Is this true, or did the agent most likely mess something up? I might need to try jumpseating on you guys again soon, so I appreciate any info. I'm guessing that it was operator error; our jumpseat committee doesn't have new info on something like this.

Thanks in advance!

I would suggest next time, don't mention anything about CASS or your passport. We have unlimited jumpseaters in the back. In the front(actual) then it would be limited to if your credentials (UAL, DAL, UAL Express, DAL Connection) can be electronically verified(looked up in the computer) then you will be allowed to sit in the actual.

So just show up at the counter with your company badge and have License and medical ready to go. Should be fine.

Thanks!

Thanks, mantry!

You know, come to think about it, I wonder if maybe she was trying to input my info like a UAL or UAL partner info. That would probably explain the message she was getting. Along with your info, as well as PMs, I will try again. I look forward to seeing you guys, and thanks for the rides!

Had a UPS pilot jumpseat with us today.....no problems. I think the gate agent was trying to put you through united's cass system (if it was a united-run station)....that would give them the message.

1800 RVR,

Not sure if we at SkyWest are the only option you have looked at. Have you tried my previous employer, AirNet? They have numerous flights a day from SDF (BE58 and PA31s), usually through LUK to LCK then a Learjet to MDW. It sounds like a lot of connections, but really the connections will be 10 mins tops. Remember, they operate at night, so it can be a last option for you or you can try them a day earlier. They have a list of who can ride on them and I'm pretty sure UPS is allowed. Call their dispatch to find out. 800 999-1201. Hope that helps until we get CASS here at Skywest.

USC328

Latest resources

Back