Skywest Job Fair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

Hello, can anyone shed some light on what to expect at one of the Skywest pilot group interviews? Thank you! I realize that they will still invite you to Salt Lake to do the written and the sim eval, but what do they do in the group interview??? Just tech/hr questions? Thanks guys/girls

Company presentation and HR questions. Its best to prepare for a few tech questions, but more than likely, you will not get any. The goal of the group interview is to make sure you are not a "unqualified" applicant (i.e. you meet mins, are not a felon, etc).

Hello, can anyone shed some light on what to expect at one of the Skywest pilot group interviews? Thank you! I realize that they will still invite you to Salt Lake to do the written and the sim eval, but what do they do in the group interview??? Just tech/hr questions? Thanks guys/girls

My understanding is that they get the HR questions out of the way, even though you may get some repeate HR questions when you go to SLC. Good way to get an interview if you want one.

ATTN!

Here we go. Joe is going to change the subject again. Would you like to guess what the new subject will be this time?

I thought this was about the group interview.

Back to that. Real laid back (for me at least). There were a couple of guys there that had washed out of other training programs (sims) and they were getting the 3rd degree. Before you even go into the room for the 1on1 they already know if they will be offering you an interview in SLC. I would relax. Oh and I almost went down to the lobby of the hotel with my fly open, so before you leave your hotel room, zip up! haha

ATTN!

Here we go. Joe is going to change the subject again. Would you like to guess what the new subject will be this time?

It was just as much on subject as your stupid comment to someone who had an honest question about what to expect at the Skywest interview. Why did you need to bring politics into this thread.... because Jerry is spanking ALPA?

If I could transport my seniority, I would be over there having a double serving of the SGU Kool Aid... tastes much better than the Herndon juice....

The subject Texx, was what to expect on the interview.... would you like to address that question, or continue to cry about how Skywest is beating ALPA.... and badly I might add....

Go back to the S5 in ATL thread and whine some more about how the E170s are slowing you down.....

Last edited:
Company presentation and HR questions. Its best to prepare for a few tech questions, but more than likely, you will not get any. The goal of the group interview is to make sure you are not a "unqualified" applicant (i.e. you meet mins, are not a felon, etc).

It sounds like SKYW is wasting a lot of company money to do these stupid job fairs if they don't hire anyone out of them?

Group interview is the easiest way to get a real interview. You will do HR, a written test or two and some aircraft questions.

Latest resources

Back