SkyWest Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kj6991 said:
i'll step back. not ALL interviewers are going to the brazillia, but if you get the jet now your lucky. most are into brazillia.

I don't know how much of this I would agree with:

First off, last class of 40 into the RJ only 2 transitions, 38 were newhire. The class in session now has about half (18 of 40) newhires. Next RJ class is all newhire.

Secondly, what with all the movement from the Bro into the RJ, I'd say newhire into the EMB is where I'd want to be. Choice of domicile, little if any reserve, better movement up the aircraft seniority list and no one coming into the aircraft ahead of you bumping you down. Its all the same pay first year.

Besides, flying the EMB for a year or so up and down the California coast rocks. Then you can get fat, dumb and happy in the CRJ.

And BTW, it is spelled "Brasilia," unless you're from Japan, then it is "Bro-zilla."

Rouge5 is making some great points. In fact, this is pretty much the same stuff they told us in the interview. Better QOL and better chance to make more $$ first year in the EMB.

I know some guys want the jet because they heard that Chicago was going to open up. If it does, they assume it will go fairly junior. Does this sound like a fair assumption?

Last edited:
Chicago will go junior, but rumor is the base will be around 30 crews to start, and I think there are enough guys online right now to fill that. Just my guess.

As far as Jet vs. E-120, same pay, better chance of moving up to decent lines quickly, and a blast to fly. A great place to spend the 1st year at SkyWest.

1000 hours of 121 time and you don't have to do the sim. Recently had this clarified by CE and other interviewers. PEACE!

PUKE

Airspur said:
I know some guys want the jet because they heard that Chicago was going to open up. If it does, they assume it will go fairly junior.

Just got the announcement today. June 7th ORD will open as a domicile with 20 RJ crews intially...

That explains it

Just got the announcement today. June 7th ORD will open as a domicile with 20 RJ crews intially...

Thanks a lot for the info! That probably explains why I got a call this afternoon for a 4/19 initial RJ class. I can't wait!

Congrats LivingToFly...
curious, when did you interview?

I was hired March 3rd or 4th can't remember. I was told to expect a class in early may but had to request early June so that I could finish my last 3.5 units for my Bachelor's degree.

My times were 1300TT and 150 ME.

Latest resources

Back