Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Got this one soon and been working for it for a loooooong time. I'm sharting rocks because i have the feeling that I'm underprepared even though I've been studying 9 hours a day for the past week and a half!

Has anyone interviewed recently that can give some advice? Any questions that got you? How was the written? Need an 80% to pass? If you make an error, or catch a mistake - are you finished right there? I've been flying glass and don't have a whole lot of sim time lately, so that part worries me.

Thanks for the help.

Don't sweat it too much. The interview will be thorough, but they are not looking to bust you for making a mistake. What they really want to know is who you are... are you the kind of guy that they can see spending 8 hrs. a day with. In all honesty, they figure that you meet the minimum qualifications or you wouldn't be there. How do you handle a stressful situation? If the going gets bad, do you freak out or throw in the towel and give up? No, you deal with the situation and handle it the best you can (utilizing any or all of the resources that are availible).

When I interviewed (a couple of years ago), I screwed up my first approach in the sim. I saw things going wrong, and executed a missed approach. The guy running the sim said "Good call, lets try that again." The next time I nailed it.

Know the systems of the most complex airplane that you have a lot of time in. If you haven't flown turbines, brush up on basic turbine theory and basic pressurization systems. Nothing too in depth, just the very basics.

Good Luck!

Don't sweat it too much. The interview will be thorough, but they are not looking to bust you for making a mistake. What they really want to know is who you are... are you the kind of guy that they can see spending 8 hrs. a day with. In all honesty, they figure that you meet the minimum qualifications or you wouldn't be there. How do you handle a stressful situation? If the going gets bad, do you freak out or throw in the towel and give up? No, you deal with the situation and handle it the best you can (utilizing any or all of the resources that are availible).

When I interviewed (a couple of years ago), I screwed up my first approach in the sim. I saw things going wrong, and executed a missed approach. The guy running the sim said "Good call, lets try that again." The next time I nailed it.

Know the systems of the most complex airplane that you have a lot of time in. If you haven't flown turbines, brush up on basic turbine theory and basic pressurization systems. Nothing too in depth, just the very basics.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the tip. It's good to hear that you can jack something up on the sim and still make it.

For the systems, I've heard that you might have to draw them out. Should I be expected to draw out the KC135 (most adv a/c for me) electric/hydraulic/pneumatic/ACM/gear/fuel systems? I can pretty much do all of them, but they aren't pretty... :D

I doubt that you would have to draw anything out, unless it helps you to explain something. Like I said, don't sweat it too much. Just be yourself, be friendly, pay attention and relax.

Got this one soon and been working for it for a loooooong time. I'm sharting rocks because i have the feeling that I'm underprepared even though I've been studying 9 hours a day for the past week and a half!

Has anyone interviewed recently that can give some advice? Any questions that got you? How was the written? Need an 80% to pass? If you make an error, or catch a mistake - are you finished right there? I've been flying glass and don't have a whole lot of sim time lately, so that part worries me.

Thanks for the help.

removed...double post...sorry

Latest resources

Back