Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Got the call last week!!! Interview on the 12th.

Does anyone have contact information for American Aviation in SLC? I wish to use them for some simulator prep.

Also, I don't have time to get Air, Inc.'s mechanical test book, but I do have an old (1988) copy of the AFOQT test study guide. Last time I took the SkyWest test it was 10 questions, heard its 20 now.

Also, any intel out there on the simulator profile?

I've visited aviationinterviews.com, but looking for any information on the interview that may not be there.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

GP

The SLC phone book shows the phone number 801-537-1537.

I found the AFOQT test questions harder than the ones Skywest gave, but they were a good foundation.

The sim is straight up, 1 precision & 1 non-precision to an airport of their choice, with a quick level off and turn during your initial climb. The sim isn't too hard to fly. Looking for the obvious, knowledge of IFR procedures and applicable FAR's, accurate flying (A/S, Alt., etc), and situational awareness. Oh, and don't forget a personality, I think they like that too!!

Be sure to study the gouge out there, most of it was accurate at the time of my interview (Oct) and helped tremendously. Best of luck to you!!

Don't forget to study cfi sort of questions. Basic aerodynamics, p-factor, adverse yaw, etc.

Thanks for the replies...keep the info coming!!!

What hotel would any of you recommend for the interview? I talked to American Aviation today and they suggested Candlewood Suites, which is about two blocks walking to their facility. I'm in the sim from 5p-6p.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

GP

The Candlewood is a good place to stay. That's where the crews stay during training and the hotel has the airport shuttle deal all figured out. Please don't go getting yourself bombed over at the bar next door. I've heard of some interviewees running into interviewers over there. (it is a good bar though!)

Just got an interview set up on the 13th of Feb. Attended the PDX job fair a while ago. The info. on this site will come in handy.

yeahaaaaaa!!!:D

I know I don't have the job yet, but I just got my first interview.

Good luck to you guys going to the interview. I interviewed on the 30th and got offered a jet class position for the 20th of this month.

I might suggest staying in the Comfort Suites. Same price right across the street from the Candlewood. They have a free hot breakfast in the mornings and the rooms are nice.

Andy and all the other Skywest guys, I look forward to meeting you and appreciate all the good info.

Thanks
Sam

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back