SkyWest interview Sim

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RedDogC130

Which sim do they use in the sim eval? Also, is there a place in SLC that we can go to do the profile? I would search this site for the answer but have no time. Thanks for your help.

Go to http://www.aviationinterviews.com and do some reading on the interview gouges.

The sim is an ATC-810, a truly ancient thing that somehow never breaks. It does not resemble a real airplane's flying characteristics at all, they are only looking for your basic, mechanical, instrument skills. American Aviation in SLC has an ATC-810, and kinda knows the profile that SkyWest uses. I didn't have any problems with them, but others have reported problems there.

The American Aviation sim is prone to breaking, so be aware that you may not get a chance to fly it even if you had it reserved (reserve a time slot as soon as you get an interview date. Don't take everything their instructors say as true and/or gospel, they don't know everything, and they don't know all about the interview. Don't count on the profile they do with you being the same as what you do in the interview.

Personally, after the fact, I didn't find the AA sim to have helped me much aside from the psycological effect (which is no small part).

Red Dog -

I had quite a different experience than the previous post at American Aviation. The sim flew very closely to the one at the SKW hanger. I thought the instructor was very knowledgeable of the interview. The prep was overpriced though. However, it made the sim at the interview a cakewalk.

Good luck at the interview.

I didn't mean to say the sim at AA flew differently, it didn't, much (the control feel was different), but neither of them fly like an airplane.

I felt that it didn't help me because after 5 minutes you have the feel for the sim, and if you really know how to read a Jepp plate, then you shouldn't need to fly an approach 5 times to get it right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back