Skywest Interview Prep?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nfkealey

I hear Skywest has a mechanical aptitude test during the interview. Any leads on where to study for this? Thanks.

ARCO test prep book for military type tests (ASVAB, etc...) You can find this at your local bookstore near the test prep books for the GMAT, SAT, etc...

A high school physics book (or entry-level college physics)

I think Air, Inc. might have something.

Good luck and study hard.

Cheers!

GP

GP,

Thanks for the info. Got the ARCO ASVAB book at the library. Would you recommend studying anything other than the Mechanical Comprehension?

Thanks,
NK

Well, this is what I have been told to study for the mechanical comprehension test.

My interview is next week so I haven't seen the test.

Good luck!

Cheers!

GP

Prepare

nfkealey and GuppyPuppy

Make sure you prep for the mech test and sim. In my interview group in December, all passed the tests and only one "failed" the sim.

However, I understand that in a recent interview group, only 2 out of 10 passed the tests! In fact, SW may be unable to fill the all of the New Hire CRJ training slots in February.

Be ready!

Extender,

Thanks for the heads up. Amazing to hear that in this day in age they're having trouble filling slots. You'd figure the lucky few getting the interviews would make sure they are ready.

I've been looking at the ARCO ASVAB book and studying the Mechanical Aptitude section. Seems like there are some questions that really might not be pertinent, eg reading the scale of a micrometer. Am I correct in understanding that SW is looking for your ability to understand simple machines and some basic math?

Hope your training is going well and maybe meeting you someday down the line.

Thanks,
Nathan

Latest resources

Back