Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

plnegoofy

Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I was hoping to get some info to help me make decisions later on. I was wondering if any of you guys in "The Hangar" here work for Skywest. If you do, I was wondering if they were hiring currently, and if so for how long? Also, what would be the hiring mins, and what are the junior bases?? I have heard that they are creating a junior base at ORD and Chicago is where I am originally from...so I was wondering if this was true or not. Lastly, I was hoping that I could use this forum to create networking connections to any pilots at Skywest. I currently am working a CFI job at KAVP and have 600TT with 150ME, so I still have a little ways to go before I am ready to make the jump...but when I do I would like to have some pilots at Skywest know me and help to give me a boost. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Keep working on it!
You've still got a ways to go. The absolute mins, as you may know, are 1000 total and 100 ME. I know for a fact that interviews are going on right now at Skywest, but who knows for how long. You still have 6 months to a year of flying to do before you are competitive and nobody knows what will be happening then.

Junior base right now is Houston, but a lot have been going to fly the jet in DEN lately (most likely to staff ORD). BUT that changes often!

Do your best at your current job and don't burn ANY bridges!

Last news we heard from the company (which is usually EXTREMELY tight-lipped about such things) is that hiring is in full "feast" mode (as in feast or famine). I know we're severely understaffed in EMB FO's, and they're still sending current ones to SLC in droves to transition to the CRJ. I guess the theory is that its better to cancel flights of 30 now rather than flights of 50 in the near future...

They also said the training facility was running at full capacity and we've been told to send resumes of anyone we know that we'd like to be interviewed to those who are in charge of those decisions. What with new aircraft deliveries it looks like the boom will continue for at least 2004.

Best of luck.

Ditto, except I'm 900/245 and I'm from Houston! :cool:

plnegoofy said:
Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I was hoping to get some info to help me make decisions later on. I was wondering if any of you guys in "The Hangar" here work for Skywest. If you do, I was wondering if they were hiring currently, and if so for how long? Also, what would be the hiring mins, and what are the junior bases?? I have heard that they are creating a junior base at ORD and Chicago is where I am originally from...so I was wondering if this was true or not. Lastly, I was hoping that I could use this forum to create networking connections to any pilots at Skywest. I currently am working a CFI job at KAVP and have 600TT with 150ME, so I still have a little ways to go before I am ready to make the jump...but when I do I would like to have some pilots at Skywest know me and help to give me a boost. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!
[/QUOTE

I'm looking for a Brasilia captain in Fresno, the email address I have is erroneous... can somebody help please? :confused:

Buck

I've heard, from a member of management, we will be at 2100 pilots by the end of the year. That about 600 more than we have right now. With our current delivery schedule it doesn't seem to jive with what we would need so the assumption is we must be getting more airplanes than we currently know about. Rumors have been 15 more 50 seaters for Delta, 25 more 50 seaters for United, and accelerating our 70 seat delivery schedule.

ORD will probably open in the summer (RJ only).

How does one get his resume into skywest. I don't think that they are atking resumes online again yet?
thanx

I'm looking for a Brasilia captain in Fresno, the email address I have is erroneous... can somebody help please?

need a little more info...like a name would be helpful.

I would recommend against using names on this board. Gets you into trouble should any one of these guys take something out of contest. Caught some poor guy off guard awhile back and he lost a job opportunity with SkyWest. Be careful. I'm sure you'll be fine, but I suggest deleting your last post. Go to "search," type in your username, find your selected post, click on it and then click "delete."

Just a suggestion. Aviation is too small a world. Stay above water early...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back