• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Inc. to purchase RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well indeed it is an effortless task to get the tempers and opinions of every last FI member pumping like black smoke from my diesel pipe......

HAHAHHHAHAHAAHHAHAH! You're way off on your cash numbers. Skywest is in a very dangerous postion because of their ties to United. I have a lot of friends(senior check airmen) that bailed to Southwest and Delta for just that reason.

The numbers were a joke. But Foolish on their part. How is life on furlough for those Delta pilots. SWA is ARROGANT and skeptical after their cloaked inspections.

Skywest will not fail should United fail. Reasons:

1) An interested investor group would purchase UAL under Bankruptcy and restructure

2) The percentage of UAL flying done by Skywest could not be replaced by any regional

3) Congress would direct bailout funds to UAL

4) Skywest would be the only regional positioned with crew and aircraft to carry out a new market from the assets purchased by a new investor.

Last edited:
could happen! I know BB sent out a memo some time ago about his fear regarding a purchase by Skywest.

He mentioned they had twice the capital RAH did.

He predicted two bids for F9 after the initial RAH binding offer in June...Dallas and Salt Lake City. The one from Dallas materialized.

T8

Skywest has no interest in acquiring airlines that have nasty liablities that will go along with the sale. These are not money making operations that have been available recently.

Having discipline with how you spend your money is always the smartest move.

Republic will discover this soon enough.

My thoughts exactly.

Skywest has no interest in acquiring airlines that have nasty liablities that will go along with the sale. These are not money making operations that have been available recently.

Having discipline with how you spend your money is always the smartest move.

Republic will discover this soon enough.

Bingo. Why would OO want to purchase a company that just dug their own grave?

SkyWest is in no position to purchase any airline, they themselves just became the victim of a hostile takeover by Air Koryo.

LOL

Latest resources

Back