• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Inc quarterly earnings call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You idiots, stock repurchase is a no-net-gain transaction. They're trading shares for cash (sorry, I mean CA$H-MONEY) and it doesn't get reported as operating income or loss. In addition, stock repurchase increases the value of the outstanding shares.

Yeah that's only partly true. A=L+OE. Where assets are in cash and OE is in stock. They are on two sides of the balance sheet where one can report a "loss" but the other side of the sheet reveals a different story.

Yeah that's only partly true. A=L+OE. Where assets are in cash and OE is in stock. They are on two sides of the balance sheet where one can report a "loss" but the other side of the sheet reveals a different story.

I thought it was ALORE: Assets = Liabilities + Owner's equity + [Revenue - Expenses].

The [Revenue - Expenses] part is the profit or loss. So a stock buyback from cash should have no impact on top or bottom line numbers.

Incorrect

All I could hear out of the call was cost reductions coming on the ASA side. A caller asked about specifics, but BR didn't feel comfortable elaborating.

Just to clarify the caller asked about what specific amount in cost reduction were they looking for, not how they are going to do it. BR was hesitant to say a specific amount but did go into a little detail about how the significant reduction in ASA's average stage length (450mi avg reduced to 400mi) has negatively impacted its cost structure due to higher cycles on aircraft and increased maintenance.

Incorrect

Just to clarify the caller asked about what specific amount in cost reduction were they looking for, not how they are going to do it. BR was hesitant to say a specific amount but did go into a little detail about how the significant reduction in ASA's average stage length (450mi avg reduced to 400mi) has negatively impacted its cost structure due to higher cycles on aircraft and increased maintenance.

I believe that number was 300mi

BINGO!

Jerry spends @$20 million or so on a completely arbitrary stock buyback, and yet we "lost" money. The bad part is that our union and pilots will all be fooled by this B.S., and we will choke down a pay cut.

This is the best money Jerry ever spent! (You may notice that the stock price hasn't really dropped, all the real institutional investors know exactly what is going on-Jerry is just browbeating some dumbass pilots again.)

XJT guys won't buy it ever again. Seems ASA has a few kool-aid drinkers willing to sell their first born for the survival of the mighty ASA. This is all smoke and mirrors, bs, games or whatever you want to call it. At the end of the day I want my contract and then some, pre-concessionary wages and then some, until then.....I vote NO.

I thought it was ALORE: Assets = Liabilities + Owner's equity + [Revenue - Expenses].

The [Revenue - Expenses] part is the profit or loss. So a stock buyback from cash should have no impact on top or bottom line numbers.

Revenue-Expenses= Profit. Generically, this is in cash, which is then considered an asset. It is not always an asset, unless the profit is positive.

Incorrect

Uh, brush up on the accounting chief........ they used cash (an asset) to repurchase stock (owners equity), resulting a net cash loss as its tied up in OE.

Thank you for handling that dumbass (and the dumbass before him....) I just don't have the patience.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back