• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Health Insurance...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like they are being forced into Health Spending Accounts (HSAs). This means BIG savings for the company at the expense of the employees. Loss of crew cars on overnights, Ready Reserve, the bucket system, PBS, 90 seaters for 50 seat pay, BHO, Employee Stock Purchase, Stock Grants, HSA...Where will it end guys? I remember when Jerry told us we would the highest paid pilots in the Regional industry.

They (Management) really want a union I guess. ...too bad most pilots don't.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, your at blowjet where all your peers wanna kick you in the balls, spit in your face, then pour that sweet tasting cool aide down your wrinkly, hidden-badged, untucked shirt your wearing through the terminal

HahahahahahA NICEEE!!! Prefereably from the non union guys that fly 89 seaters for 50 seat wages.

who is, all things considered? honest question.

I don't understand your question. SkyWest pilots are not the highest paid in the Regional industry. When you factor in the recently lost perks/bennefits your "total compensation" has been reduced even further. I am not bashing. I just wonder what you'll be left with when Chip is done with you.

I don't understand your question. SkyWest pilots are not the highest paid in the Regional industry. When you factor in the recently lost perks/bennefits your "total compensation" has been reduced even further. I am not bashing. I just wonder what you'll be left with when Chip is done with you.

I'll rephrase and ask again, then.

"Who ARE the highest paid pilots in the regional industry?"

use your term, 'total compensation,' in your answer if you like.

I'll rephrase and ask again, then.

"Who ARE the highest paid pilots in the regional industry?"

use your term, 'total compensation,' in your answer if you like.

Rather than trying to figure out who has the best compensation package, let's take a look at a couple of pilot groups flying comparable equipment. These examples are 2 I can think of off the top of my head doing very little research.

SkyWest: http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/skywest.html

Horizon: http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/regional/horizon_air.html

Notice the higher payrates for the CRJ700 (even the Q400 pays more than your CRJ900). Also notice the dollar for dollar 401k match up to 10%, the 80 hr minimum guarantee and higher perdiem.

JetBlue (E190): http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/jetblue.html

Notice payrates, perdiem, etc. You might be saying JetBlue isn't a Regional. That is true BUT they do fly comparable equipment to the CRJ700/900.

Also keep in mind that companies like Comair had great compensation packages until the SkyWest pilots agreed to fly the CRJ700 and then CRJ900 for CRJ200 rates undercutting them and forcing them into a concessionary contract.

Skynation, do you believe SkyWest pilots receive the highest "total compensation" in the Regional industry? Btw, "Total Compensation" was a term coined by Ron Rebber during pay negotiations years ago.

Rather than trying to figure out who has the best compensation package, ...

that's my only point. You have to compare total compensation, and I don't know how you can. I probably agree with you for the most part. Comparing hourly rates doesn't do it, though, comparing 401k match either. Throwing JB in the mix? Well, not really apples to apples, either. I wish there was a way to compare side by side, but I'd bet that at the end of the day we make as much or more than any other comparable regional. Had a Horizon guy in the jump, told me it's next to impossible to credit much above 80. I did 105 last month, but that's on reserve, and we're different years seniority at our respective airlines, so not a good comparison either.

I do disagree with you that SkyWest pilots somehow caused Comair and others to go to crap, but arguing those points is a huge waste of time on the horse and pony show of jackishness and doouchebaggery that is never in short supply here at good ol' FI.com.

SkyNation,
You are wrong. We get paid more at OO than lots of people, but we make less per hour every year on the payscale at Horizon and get less 401K match, and soon will have a crappier health 'plan.' Sorry dude, we lose. Also, you brag about 105 credit but I got 72 hour lines for 11 months last year, so that argument really doesn't hold water.

You wanna be paid the best? So do I...

I remember a buddy of mine used to brag about how much he made (factory worker at Deere) after working a regular 40 hour week and then if he picks up a shift after midnight combined with 10 hours overtime, + if he skips his break 2.5 times a week, works every holiday, and then gets 5 hours of double weekend overtime based off whatever, plus he gets .25 cents bonus year end for every hour he worked over 62.5 hours a week, etc etc.

It reminds me how Skywest pilots make more. They make 5% more than everybody else because they work 25% more than everybody else (except mesa).

The pilots will lose most of their healthcare and then most likely get it back, shortly after the next union drive.

Latest resources

Back