• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Had Made Hostile $3.50/Share Bid For ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, last I checked, an alter-ego carrier is one that is created to circumvent the rules of a CBA...i.e; GoJet.

You can claim whipsaw all you want, but ASA and SkyWest are not "alter-ego carriers".

You could not be more wrong. The 'Skywest' empire is the quintessential alter ego operation and is looking to grow even larger......

Call it what you want, but the end result is the same. After SkyWest acquired ASA and decided to keep them divided, they owned two airlines with two identities and two separate pilot groups. In fact, SkyWest already has a large population of union hating pilots which makes their job a lot easier than trying to build a new union-busting airline from scratch.

Keeping the pilot groups separated is absolutely not good for pilots. It may benefit some in the short term, but at the expense of other pilots. I would feel like I scab if I allowed myself to be used by management to screw over other pilots. But that's just me. Apparently most of the SkyWest pilots will take glee in it because they get more shiny jets to fly! Yay!

Last edited:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scab

SCAB: 3 a: a contemptible person b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2): a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

3a, 3b(1), 3b(4) apply.

Call it what you want, but the end result is the same. After SkyWest acquired ASA and decided to keep them divided, they owned two airlines with two identities and two separate pilot groups. In fact, SkyWest already has a large population of union hating pilots which makes their job a lot easier than trying to build a new union-busting airline from scratch.

Keeping the pilot groups separated is absolutely not good for pilots. It may benefit some in the short term, but at the expense of other pilots. I would feel like I scab if I allowed myself to be used by management to screw over other pilots. But that's just me. Apparently most of the SkyWest pilots will take glee in it because they get more shiny jets to fly! Yay!

Curious...does it sting when you talk out of your ass?

W

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

South Pacific

Merge seniority lists and have a bunch of senior to me (9+ years) ex Continental Express PFTers above me? Hell No!!!!! Use the scab word all you want, but believe me son, you have some senior guys who did more harm than a no vote to ALPA has ever done.

Dubya, are you a SkyWest pilot? How did you feel about getting all of those ASA planes? Were you excited about it? How about the legion of airplanes in Delta and United colors you received while their respective pilots were put to the street?

How did you feel when your management asked you to take pay freezes and agree to fly larger planes for significantly less than pilots at competing airlines? How about when they lied about taking pay cuts of their own so you'd feel better about it all the while bragging to investors about how much money they were bringing in?

No one has crossed picket lines at SkyWest, but the mentality seems to exist there. As long as I get mine... Many of the people on this message board are giving that impression. The fact that the pilots overwhelmingly voted against a union gives the impression that most of you support the actions of your management that have degraded the profession.

It sure takes a lot of gall to come here and tell someone that they need to ditch their contract so you can steal their job!

Dubya, are you a SkyWest pilot? How did you feel about getting all of those ASA planes? Were you excited about it? How about the legion of airplanes in Delta and United colors you received while their respective pilots were put to the street?

How did you feel when your management asked you to take pay freezes and agree to fly larger planes for significantly less than pilots at competing airlines? How about when they lied about taking pay cuts of their own so you'd feel better about it all the while bragging to investors about how much money they were bringing in?

No one has crossed picket lines at SkyWest, but the mentality seems to exist there. As long as I get mine... Many of the people on this message board are giving that impression. The fact that the pilots overwhelmingly voted against a union gives the impression that most of you support the actions of your management that have degraded the profession.

It sure takes a lot of gall to come here and tell someone that they need to ditch their contract so you can steal their job!

I have friends there that were paid to sit on their arse for over 6 months following 9/11...by the same greedy management that you don't really know anything about. I don't agree with every decision they make...but I don't have to look far to find union carriers...regional and major...that have gotten screwed much harder.

I've personally talked to ASA pilots that are seeing positive changes in their workplace...still union...still under contract....by the same greedy management you speak of.

So again curious...what kind of ointment to you spread on your anus after spewing spicy BS out of it?

W

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back