• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest getting Sued!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can any of you Mesa guys enlighten me as to what happened to the crew of the ROA incident. I find the captain's account of this to be complete BS. I've got 2500 hours in the ERJ I don't think is any way conditions like that could lead to the airplane being damage that extensively, unless pilot input was lacking. Not that I'm Chuck Yeager, but that was a very ugly incident...

Last edited:
Check it again, the Captain had only 200 hours in the EMB. It looks like most of her time was in the Beech.

ISWAP (Int'l Women Airline Pilots) had two great articles on their website about sexual harrassment. I'm sad to see they yanked the articles off of their website.

The first article was on dealing with sexual harrassment. The author considered most every factor possible in the male-female or female-female interaction including such things as:
Different perspectives (you say po-tah-to, I say po-taa-toh)
Feeling threatened (under stress becoming an SOB)
The worst offenders are jerks to everyone
Females sabatoging females (don't have a better landing than the captain!)
Religious issues (ladies were expected to faint when obscene words were used)
Different upbringings (me daddy was a Seabee, cussin is a way of life or me daddy was a farmer, sticking yer arm up the ugly end of a cow is required to save the calf)

And three ways to deal with it:
1. "Say Again?" (pretend you didn't hear it)
2. Fight fire with fire using humor (wow your **** is bald/tiny/ugly/boring)
3. Get advice from someone in a higher position to act as mediator(union professional standards committe, a captain/check airman mentor, etc.)

The great thing about being a flight instructor is you don't have to deal with people that don't want to deal with you.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Different perspectives (you say po-tah-to, I say po-taa-toh)

You know, I hear this expression used all the time. Yet I have never met anyone that says po-taa-toh. Where are these weirdos?

Big D

England of course! The same place that asks if you have a lite for their fag.

nimtz said:
Can any of you Mesa guys enlighten me as to what happened to the crew of the ROA incident. I find the captain's account of this to be complete BS. I've got 2500 hours in the ERJ I don't think is any way conditions like that could lead to the airplane being damage that extensively, unless pilot input was lacking. Not that I'm Chuck Yeager, but that was a very ugly incident...
The captain was fired, appealed, but failed to get her job back. The F.O. is back on line. The F.O. is a knowedgable pilot and good stick. I'll just keep quiet about the captain.

Wasn't there a woman at CHQ about 3-4 years ago who failed an upgrade then failed the FO requall and then got fired because of it? Is it common to get fired for something like this?

Re: Big D

Tim47SIP said:
England of course! The same place that asks if you have a lite for their fag.

well, I dunno, I've known a bunch of brits and many say tuh-maa-toe, but I've never heard one say po-taa-to.

Latest resources

Back