Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest future plans for the Brasilias??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

Any of you SKW guy's know the future plans for the Brasilias?

Are they being replaced by RJ's?

Will traditional EMB-120 bases such as SAN or SBA eventually be all jet?

Thoughts?

As far as I understand it the Brasilias will be around for the next while. That means 3-5 years or more. They've had a few retirements but I'm not aware of any set plan for retiring all of them.

I think Jerry said in the goldman sachs event that they need the bro for 100-150 mile market for the foreseable future. foreseable future in aviation= who knows

5 more EMBs leaving service by June. I wonder what the rest of '05 will look like on that front? I hope the Bro stays forever, personally.

to any SKW pilots that can help. i'll be ready to interview later on this summer. since 5 bro's are leaving what will that mean for hiring? since 20 new 70's are coming in, would that mean a lot of pilots will be transitioning and it will leave hiring open for the bro or what do you think? i'll be right at mins when i interview so the RJ looks pretty bleek for me.

kj6991 said:
to any SKW pilots that can help. i'll be ready to interview later on this summer. since 5 bro's are leaving what will that mean for hiring? since 20 new 70's are coming in, would that mean a lot of pilots will be transitioning and it will leave hiring open for the bro or what do you think? i'll be right at mins when i interview so the RJ looks pretty bleek for me.

I think you're right that people will be transitioning to the EMB to the RJ. Looking at July, Aug, Sept, and Oct it looks like equal sized classes for both RJ and EMB. Hope that helps.

According to the latest info, SkyWest is expecting to hire around 160 EMB FO's and 250 RJ FO's spread out through the rest of this year.

Latest resources

Back