• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest -- Forbes takes notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL, everytime I look on here you talk Shet about SkyWest and RR "insulated" comment. Give it a rest. The basics of SkyWest and any regional, for that matter, is simple. Conservative growth. Sounds pretty smart to me. I bet if DAL could have hedged a little back in the day, it would have insulated them as well. But if DAL did that, it would be....ah......cool......, but SkyWest......no, ahhhh...that "insulated" comment is arrogent. Oh, SkyWest you just wait.......GIVE IT UP.

The difference between a regional and major. The regional makes a contract for small profit as long as the major is operational. Small risk=conservative profits. Now majors, while the last couple of years weren't nice to them, they stand to lose and make a lot more. When times are good, the company really makes a ton of money. Now if DAL could get a contract like that.......oh, wait....Guarenteed profits, but only 5%, that wayyyyyy too small a margin for you big DAL exec's.
We know you guys are way to good for that.......get off your high horse.....

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Did Forbes quote CFO Ronny Reber when he happily stated "we are INSULATED from high fuel costs thanks to Delta" ? If they had to pay for the higher fuel bills, they would NOT be profitable. Then, they inherrited their own "Vietnam War" by buying ASA. Have fun with that Ronny! INSULATE THIS!!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sounds like a case of management envy...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back