• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Executive Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone but pilots get management bonuses--I did not know that. Sorry, it's the malconstructed 767-400/777 writing that threw me for a loop. Gotta go, have to catch my Diamand Eclipse for a short hop over to a small airport--I'll brag about it, nonetheless, to the others at the field if they are disinterested. Incidentally, for those who may care, I don't get paid anything less to fly the 2-seater than I do the 50-seater. GL must be such a pleasure to fly with, at least in his own noggin...

Bye - Bye,
Captain Doc

Was I fun to fly with? I had the highest attrition rate (or retirement rate) for Captains who flew with me. Nearly 100% of them retired quickly after flying with me. They must have finally flown with the best and couldn't take it anymore.......... Every Delta FO owes me big time for the seniority jump......TIC...:)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Are you or were you faced with a possible liquidation? Is this in the same league? Was a judge breathing down your neck? Were gas prices going up towards the moon? Was any of that happening when you decided to give the same rates for ANYTHING up to 99 seats? I didn't think so. You were worried that you might not get that magical 1000 PIC if SkyWest decided to get rid of United planes, which would not have happened since you owned the United West Coast feed.

You guys caved because you wanted growth at the expense of the regional industry.(everyone will try to copy you now) We were fighting to save an airline overrun by incompetent management. We were here at DL before them, and will be here as they depart. You have no clue what you are talking about.

I voted the correct way at the time, and I stand by it. You voted (or can you actually vote there) and screwed the whole regional side. Enjoy that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The airplanes would have come here regardless of how the vote went. Do you really think if it had been voted down, SkyWest's mgt would have gone to United and said 'Sorry. We won't fly them for you. Our pilots voted no".

When are people going to realize that pilots do not decide what airplanes an airplane operates or where they fly them?

The airplanes would have come here regardless of how the vote went. Do you really think if it had been voted down, SkyWest's mgt would have gone to United and said 'Sorry. We won't fly them for you. Our pilots voted no".

When are people going to realize that pilots do not decide what airplanes an airplane operates or where they fly them?

You speak as if you COULD vote!:rolleyes:

In my opinion this all started because mainline groups didn't have the foresight to keep RJs off the regional property.

C'mon now Gobi. If you were a pilot at a legacy you wouldn't want one of your squadron buddies to have to start his airline career in anything smaller than a 737 or an Airbus, would you?

The only reason Canadair even built a 50 seater was scope clauses. There would have never been a need for scope if the legacy pilots had simply demanded that any and all flying conducted on behalf of their employer was performed by pilots on their seniority list. Those scope clauses had to be negotiated because the contracts used to require flying to be performed by pilots on the list.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back