Skywest EMB w/ turboprop experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bernoulli

I have heard that 121 experience and turbine experience go straight to the Jet at skywest. I have 135 Turbo-prop time but what if I don't want the jet and would prefer the EMB...what are the chances I could get the EMB these days?

Not a problem except if we are not running EMB classes, then your senority will be affected.

Tell them during the interview that you want to hang out with us prop trash on the West coast for the following.

You heard that the jet guys are "wineing" about their seat cushions on the RJ and make their bottoms hurt. Tell 'em you drink beer or tequila and have never let yourself get into a situation where your bottom hurt.

You'd like to fly the "Vibraliner". That last long leg to RDM from SFO helps loosen up the FA and with a couple of drinks at the Timbers, you're sure to please.

Yellow stickers are your favorite.

You won't leave the farking seat all the way up or the rudder pedals forward when you swap out. Yep, and you'll gather your trash instead and turn off the goodammd hot mike.

Your only known medical issue is you can't smell stale outhouse krape.

On the serious side, I heard that there isn't much going on with EMB newhire classes. Anyone want to dig that out and verify? Good luck to you and hope to see you on the Mighty Bro'

EMB class starting this week or next then a RJ on the 20th I think - I have bros' in both classes. Baja.

Well it's not automatic that you'll be flying the jet. I flew the Saabomatic part 121 before Skywest and was assigned the Brasila. A few others in my new hire class had previous 121 jet time and they ended up the bro also. If they ask, tell them what you want.

When they call you and offer you the job......ask then, then you already have the job.............I wouldnt bring it up during the interview...unless they bring up.

Just my $0.02

When they call you and offer you the job......ask then, then you already have the job.............I wouldnt bring it up during the interview...unless they bring up.

Just my $0.02

When they made me the offer it included a study packet for the bro. I had requested it, and everyone else in my interview group got the jet. If you've got a good reason, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to let them know your preference with tact.

When they made me the offer it included a study packet for the bro. I had requested it, and everyone else in my interview group got the jet. If you've got a good reason, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to let them know your preference with tact.

So at what point did you request the Bro and for what reason if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

You won't leave the farking seat all the way up or the rudder pedals forward when you swap out. Yep, and you'll gather your trash instead and turn off the goodammd hot mike.'
ARGHHHH!!!!! You just don't know how much I hate the morons that do this.

Ok, Ok. I leave the rudder pedals forward, but what if the next guy is tall too? ;)

Vote soon, fly safe.

-JP

So at what point did you request the Bro and for what reason if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

Talking about why I wanted to work for SkyWest, one of the reasons was a certain EMB only deomecile, so I said I was hoping to be based there eventualy and as a result would prefer an EMB class over a CRJ class.

Latest resources

Back