• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may be wrong but weren't we supposed to get the other half of a performance check on the day the earnings were announced?

was it over 1%?

We don't know because they disabled the P+ profit tracking on xjet.com

Wonder why?

I too am curious where money is being made or lost. For myself these numbers are interesting because Skywest Inc's trend is now towards greater profitability. It makes little sense for them to ask or expect concessions from us when we are profitable even if those profit margins are in the single...

Yeah, but c'mon...they'll ask for concessions if they feel they can leverage it.

Seems expressjet is about 10mil behind SkyWest which is non-coincidentally the same concessionary number being tossed around

It's true, I have no reason to come on here and spout lies.

Lying? During the first conference call coinciding with the purchase and merging of Expressjet it was stated that expressjet under the current contracts at time of purchase would never be as profitable as OO. That statement did not sit well with several bank reps who asked questions.

Who cares what the breakdown is? We are all standing on the deck (SkyWest Airlines, ASA, ExpressJet) of the same sinking ship. Arguing over which is the better contributor of the three is akin to arguing over which is the fastest horse in the glue factory.

I'm not taking pay cuts with double management groups and GO's. Also, what ever we (XJET) get contractually will be forced on the SkyWest side of things. To think otherwise is a fantasy and foolish. In short, one list is the only viable solution for Inc. until they alter their business model.

I can't disclose exact numbers, but I can tell you that OO brought in the lion's share of the profit. EV did turn a profit, but very miniscule.
Don't know why you can't.
Here it is;
SkyWest profit = $11,891,650.37 = 82.7%
ASA/ExpressJet profit = $2,054,309.63 = 17.3%

Not that I don't believe you guys but this is what was said to us.

"SkyWest, Inc. 4Q12 Earnings
I’m guessing that many of you took some time to read SkyWest, Inc.’s 4Q12 earnings press release and/or listen to the earnings call last week. If you did, you know that our parent company reported a profit for the fourth quarter, in part due to some significant cost reductions and improved operations. Whenever an earnings report comes out I think it is a good time to review how ExpressJet fits into the SkyWest, Inc. portfolio. We are one of a number of interests that fall under the SkyWest, Inc. umbrella, and while SkyWest, Inc. reported a profit, ExpressJet continued to perform at a loss during the 4Q12 and for 2012 as a whole. Our losses were offset in the larger SkyWest, Inc. picture by profits of other SkyWest, Inc. entities.

While ExpressJet continues to operate at a loss, we have made incredible progress when compared to just a year ago. Cost reductions combined with improved operational performance continue to help our bottom line, and everyone’s efforts to build quality into everything we do will continue to help us return to profitability. So thanks to each of you for your hard work to make that happen."

Where did you get your information?

Last edited:
Where did you get your information?

On SkyWestOnline.com, under the financial rewards section. Listed is the amount of revenue SkyWest Airlines generated and the percentage of profit margin. A little simple math, and viola, you have the amount of profit. Minus SkyWest Airlines' profit from Inc's profit and you have the remaining profit generated by XJT/ASQ. I just figured MyASA.com (or whatever its called thesedays) would have something similar for you to look at.

Latest resources

Back