Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propjob27

I have people skills!
Sorry I don't have the time/patience/know-how to make a webpage. However, just check out these two pics scanned from the local paper, and YOU be the judge...

This needed to be shared....

No, actually they don't have to be shared... I'm not sure why this board has turned out to be a place for inflammatory and generally rude commentary, but why be so dang negative about fellow pilots trying to move up the ladder? Didn't we all look young, sound idealistic, and have interesting haircuts at one point?

So....your links are deleted. Yep, it is more censorship than normal for me, but let's not continue to snipe at each other incessantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody sounds jealous. He might be your captain some day.

Wait, you mean I might have to go back there someday? I don't think so... I'm probably not eligibile for re-hire!

Last edited:
propjob27

To be honest why do you care? The guy's getting his first airline job and he is happy about it. Cut him some slack, he still has plenty of time to get as bitter about his career choice as you are.

The thread is entitled "YOU decide..."

I'm not saying he's a dork, I just figured I'd throw it out there. I wish my mom had put my picture in the paper when I was hired there, of course that was pretty hard to do while she was stamping out license plates in Joilet.

On the plus side, you should try her meatloaf.

Last edited:
Holy Negativity!

What the heck is the problem? Why are airline pilots the most bitter group of professionals in today's market? Why can't someone be proud of reaching his dream? I soloed on my 16th birthday and it was a big deal for me (no, mommy and daddy did not pay for any of it) and the day I get an airline job I will make a HUGE deal! Call it "shinny jet" whatever, but what's the problem with me being proud of fulfilling a dream I've had since I played with my Fisher Price 727.

Why can't mom and dad be proud of their son? Where I grew up most son's who get their picture in the paper are either 6 feet under or behind bars. You're dang right my mom has every right to put her son's picture in the paper when he reaches a milestone in his career. Full-page and get copies to distribute around the neghborhood too!

I got an airticle in the paper a couple of years ago for some things I did in Iraq and I wouldn't be any less proud of having an article in the paper for reaching a childhood dream (regardless of your disgruntled opinion on the aviation industry).

I hope I never have to look up to you as a new first-officer at XYZ airline!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back